You Know You're A Homebrewer If . . .

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know its bad when you are on this site whenever you are not, brewing, working or sleeping.

Scotty

When you teach your children to crawl by enticing them across the room with a pint of ale (Just taught my second child this week, a pint of ale was the enticement she needed).

I taught my eldest to put caps on bottles when she was quite young.

When you have pics of your home brew equipment hanging on your wall and on your computer desktop

Wow Doc Exactly the same here! Works a treat! Its like a magnet. :D

when the wife spends a $100 on make up and you think of all the ingrediants you could get for that at the HBS. :blink:

any way my horse loves my home brew

DEL

HORSE_DRINKING_BEER.jpg

... when you find yourself looking at the missus's tupperwear and planning which you'll snaffle for hops and which you'll snaffle for crystal.

your yard smells like rotting spent malt and a million pidgeons have moved in

BUMP
When you want to go pee and instead of going for the toilet door you open and go into the laundry/brewery out of habit! im getting worried :huh:
Cheers
Steve

When you look at anything in Bunnings and think if you can use that on brewday.

You then wake up when the wife hits you....

When anything starts looking useful for brewing...

That happened at work the other day- there were some shelves in the store room, and I was wondering aloud whether they could go towrds making a brewstand... then my supervisor told me to stop coming up with ways of using everything to brew with!

This quote came up when I was recipe-ing (is that even a verb) on Tasty Brew tonight.

You know you are a homebrewer when: you spend more time thinking about beer than drinking beer.</I>

I thought that was pretty spot on. :D
(The link is to their set of you know etc quotes, it came up when I pasted the quote...)

You know you are a brewer when...

You are cooking porridge for breakfast for the family and you give it a protein rest and a decoction!

Steve :D

When your only souveneers from a Euro holiday are various beer t-shirts, 150 beer coasters (which you lovingly laminate to preserve them for re-use) and a stolen "Slug Jug" from the Slug & Lettuce pub in London.

When you cannot decide if you are lagering or cold conditioning your soup.

When you consider starting a poll, "Do you lick your refractometer?"

when you have spend more on building your brewery over a month than you have earned!

Latest posts

Back