Ditch my fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
How much does it cost when you tip it out?
Doesn't cost anything to tip it out. Unless you're paying someone......and if they couldn't tip it out in under 2 minutes, I'd be looking for another beer tipperouterer . Not quite sure of the award rate for a tipperouterer but unless they're a full time tipperouterer, they're going to cost another 25% per hour.

I like the fact that leaving the fermentor with trub in it for a 'couple of months' is being 'a little bit sloppy'

Hehe

Ahaha

Nice :)

Mr B said:
I like the fact that leaving the fermentor with trub in it for a 'couple of months' is being 'a little bit sloppy'

Hehe

Ahaha

Nice :)
I reckon the fermentor achieved the mould rainbow. Black, green, yellow, orange, red and furry.

bradsbrew said:
Doesn't cost anything to tip it out. Unless you're paying someone......and if they couldn't tip it out in under 2 minutes, I'd be looking for another beer tipperouterer . Not quite sure of the award rate for a tipperouterer but unless they're a full time tipperouterer, they're going to cost another 25% per hour.
You ever been to Tipperary?

Full of tipperouterers and I guarantee all charge by the hour plus penalties where applicable.

manticle said:
You ever been to Tipperary?

Full of tipperouterers and I guarantee all charge by the hour plus penalties where applicable.
But its a long way to Tipperary plus the penalties

Be a tight ass brewer & do it youreself I say

Stainless Steel :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

I could give you a couple of tips about Linguistics but I'd rather sell them for a dollar each on Bumtree.

Gezzz i have been using the same plastic fermenter that i bought back in 2003 from the homebrew barn.

nic0 said:

Gezzz i have been using the same plastic fermenter that i bought back in 2003 from the homebrew barn.
So am I. As a self watering/wicking plant pot. but that's another subject..

I imagine yours must have a special signature character to it.

Danscraftbeer said:
So am I. As a self watering/wicking plant pot. but that's another subject..

I imagine yours must have a special signature character to it.
Put another brew down at the start of the week and it's fermenting away nicely. Maybe they don't make fermenters like they used to.... you watch the arse will probably drop out of it the next time i fill it and carry it out to the shed.....

New Fermenter arrived, i put down brew manana. In 2 weeks i will let u know how it goes. No more infected brew. And i might start cleaning the fermenter with more than a rinse after bottling.

i might start cleaning the fermenter with more than a rinse after bottling.
quick rinse to get the old trub out fill with water and some sodium prec leave for a shortime drain out.the sanitise when you going to use....saves alot grief when brew goes off

That thing when the screw in tap does that "click" bullshit when your putting it in and you say, "It'll get me through the next brew ok." and it goes on and on. So you get a new tap and the same bullshit happens and you start looking at stainless stuff and start thinking if I cut back on the kid's christmas presents, don't pay the vet bills, cancel my gender reassignment operation and dump some of mums cancer treatment trips, I could get one of those brand spanking new mother-fuckers! And then you wake up. Get a new fermenter buddy.

After reading this thread (and the off flavours from plastic thread) I've just gone and blown a whole 23 dollars on a new SS system;

Stainless pot from k-mart $20
Air lock $1.50
Sundries (Duct tape and silicon) $2
Foam insulation packing from bunnings waste bin. - free

Sorry $23.50. not the prettiest but hopefully it does the job.

duct tape to the rescue;

seems to be doing the trick.

WP_20161023_09_34_57_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back