Devastated - fermenter leapt out of the fridge and split its guts everywhere

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick_BCB

Reaction score
Had a Bell's two hearted ale clone crash chilling to be kegged on Saturday. Came home today to find it all over the floor. Seems the shelf in fridge failed...

Gutted.

Just needed to vent to a group that might understand.

Wasted beer is always a distressing occasion, I'm saddened by your loss.

Make sure you build a sturdy support under that shelf so it can never happen again.

edit: Just going to measure my ferment fridge to build a wooden shelf support :)

Wasted beer is always a distressing occasion, I'm saddened by your loss.

Make sure you build a sturdy support under that shelf so it can never happen again.

edit: Just going to measure my ferment fridge to build a wooden shelf support :)
My mate pat up the road has a good shelf setup. He uses 2 in adjacent slots and puts packing between them so they share the load.

Bummer Patrick.

I have 2 racks close together just in case the top fails - I hadn't thought of putting packing between the two. Great idea :)

The best outcome of this is that you know it will never ever happen again and maybe, just maybe, sharing your story could save someone elses life ...errrrr.. beer..

I pulled all the shelves out of my fridge and built a removable and reinforced two tier wooden structure that can accommodate either two 30L plastic fermenters OR a single fermentasaurus, works a treat!

My condolences, but for every mistake we make, we learn something new.

Everyone has these fancy shelves and I am sitting here with 3 brick tiles supporting/lifting my Fermenter over the compressor hump lol

Very sorry for your loss. My fermentation fridge has a single wire shelf that I've been meaning to reinforce so will make that a priority this weekend!

You poor *******
If loosing youre beer wasnt bad enough now you have to look at it while you clean it up
OH straw maybe

Back