David Tench - What The?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PistolPatch

Reaction score
Is it just me or is David Tench Tonight one of the most pathetic shows ever? I can't believe that Andrew Denton (who I think is brilliant) came up with this. I'm totally bewildered - way below his usual calibre.

its a shocker but i think it got pipped for the 'most pathetic show ever' award by jasmine's getting married.

I watched it once to check it out and thought it was complete rubbish but I bet a reasonble portion of the masses may like it, after all VB is the number one selling beer and people que up at macdonalds like drones, it all goes to show around 99% of human beings really have no taste. <_<

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

I think the network only about 20 more episodes to air. Hopefully they'll kill it like that wedding show a few weeks ago.

Where are all the good shows like big brother?

Meanwhile South Park gets better and better. Cartman starting up his own Christian rock band to get a platinum record. Only to be told Christian rock bands earm myrrh. Classic.

And the ep before it, the schoolgirls all waitressing at a bar called Raisins. :lol:

Just proves that there's nothing but shit on TV now !!!

Thats why i spend so much time on the internet reading these forums and making more beer - and drinking it (missus always complains that i'm not spending enough time with the family when they are watching TV, but i counter with that i'm doing something educational).

Im with you Pistol Patch. Absolute Shite. UNfunny and unclever. Good special effect but in the end only one special effect. Big fan of Denton, No fan of Tench

Sorry to his fans but also cant stand Ronnie Johns humour.

I watch less and less TV these days. In fact our TV would be on for a couple of hours a week at most (2 - 4 I guess).

ATOMT.

Agreed. Infact i was saying what utter shit this show is the other night to the missus. and that it had to be the worst show on TV, but then remembered neighbours, home and away, mcleods daughters.. etc. :huh:

well im glad it's not just me who hates it. and the missus. and all the people i go to uni with. and all the people ive ever heard mention the show.... is there anyone out there who likes this trash? big brother, yasmins a stupid slag and now tench... ten really is on a roll

Looks like it isn't just us Lucas - cool! What's amazing is the pull that Andrew Denton must have in the media. I haven't heard one bad word on this show publicly.

And talking of Ten being on a roll, how's that pathetic, 'The Up-Late Game Show,' hosted by Hotdogs from Big Brother. It came on once and I kept watching in utter disbelief like you do for those TV evangelist shows - oh my God!

LOL
PP

And talking of Ten being on a roll, how's that pathetic, 'The Up-Late Game Show,' hosted by Hotdogs from Big Brother. It came on once and I kept watching in utter disbelief like you do for those TV evangelist shows - oh my God!
those late night phone in quiz things? i saw one of those once (not hosted by the big bro contestant); like you i watched for a bit to see how lame it could get and boy, i was in for some funny shit. about 10 minutes in their phone system went down, thats right, they couldnt receive any calls for their quiz. it was funny to see the docile woman who was hosting struggling to come up with anything interesting to do for about 30 minutes with no phone calls, they got her stage manager on for a bit so she had someone to talk to (talking to the camera with nothing to say was obviously a bit difficult), then they got the sound guy out with some stuffed toys doing all sorts of stupid stuff, it ended up getting really lame. ive seen drunk high schoolers with a video camera make more interesting viewing :)

would still be better than big brother though....

I did like the promo they used from tench...

lleyton hewitt,
you don't mind seeing him win because he's an aussie
but you love to see him lose because he's such a dick.

I wish they'd broadcast The Discovery Channel and History Channel free-to-air... I can't justify paying whatever those rip-off merchants are charging for pay TV these days, but I do like filling my brain with quality programming.

In the meantime, SBS and ABC fill my small quota of TV for the week. The rest is downloaded!

I kept watching in utter disbelief like you do for those TV evangelist shows - oh my God!

LOL
PP

Now that you mention it PP, I was up 6:30AM on Sunday morning feeding the boy (I had sat in front of my Chiminea with my HB's until 3:30AM) and trying to find something worth watching. That "Hillsong Church" program was on. This is basically Australian evangelism and I was dumbfounded. I couldnt tear myself away from this preacher on it. There were thousands of people in this hall watching this guy babble on. I dont want to offend anyone, but I just look at these crowds and think "OMG, why do these people need to be told how to live their lives by a preacher". But watching it is abit like watching footage of a disaster or an accident on telly. What really scares me is I have heard that "Hillsong church" is huge in Canberra...... :ph34r:

ATOMT

Anyone interested in quality TV should check out OZ on SBS tonight at 10pm. Its the first episode of the third series FINALLY, im hooked on this show.

Anyone else seen it?

Jeremy.

Hey jeremy,

I agree with you about OZ, it's really good!

As for all the other shite being shown, I just bought the first 2 seasons of Family Guy and a couple of movies to watch in place of normal TV viewing!

Reality TV is F***ing disgraceful and the shows like Idol are pushing the hard working muscians (especially rock bands) out of the industry as Sony BMG are canning rock groups contracts for the shit the dribbles from Idol. Then our great homegrown talent ends up signing to US labels, at least that will get them somewhere.

To keep it on topic, yes Tench is Shit too, Ronnie Johns 3 min Chopper clips are the only thing that save his pathetic excuse for humour.

ABC does show some good shows, but most of the commercial stations put to air absolute crap. Even the news/current affairs programs are pathetic (once again apart from ABC and SBS). Becoming more and more like Fox news everyday, which is no surprise as we are becoming more like the US every day........................it's disgusting. Watch out! Naomi Robson might be hiding in your backyard to see if you put a PET bottle in the Rubbish Bin opposed to the Recycle Bin.

Rant over

edit: not to say good shows etc don't come out of the US, they produce a lot of good entertainment, but they produce even more crap

Anyone interested in quality TV should check out OZ on SBS tonight at 10pm. Its the first episode of the third series FINALLY, im hooked on this show.

Anyone else seen it?

Jeremy.
Yep awesome show. Keep it off the commercial networks and it should stay that way too. Anyone's who has seen it will know what I mean.

On topic - never watched Tench looks shiteful and hate all reality TV (except Survivor and Amazing Race but that's more about the locations)

S.

Latest posts

Back