David Tench - What The?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tench is rubbish in my opinion. Talk shows are inherently entertaining due to their relative spontaneity but with Tench its impossible to tell how set up everything is, and whats actually going on.

TV is not all crap though, I look forward to Monday night viewing, a good line-up if you ask me!

6:00 Simpsons 10
6:30 Neighbors 10 (this could be shower/tea break!)
7:00 Futurama 10
7:30 Top Gear SBS
8:30 Southpark SBS
9:00 Southpark SBS
9:30 Enough Rope ABC (the first half hour)
10:00 OZ SBS
11:30 Scrubs 7 (if necessary!)

Samwise, I wouldn't worry about keeping this thread on topic. Loved your rant and I think what people have written is pretty interesting. Definitely amusing as in the case of ATOMT's comment on evangelist shows...

watching them is a bit like watching footage of a disaster or an accident.

While we're at it I love, 'The Chaser's War on Everything,' and 'The Glass House.' Not too many dud shows with these. On Ronnie Johns, I like, 'Chopper,' (starting to get a bit old though) and the, 'Put a Sticker On It,' bloke. The rest is a bit average.

As for clever drama, I can't miss, 'Cold Case.' Apart from Kathryn Morriss having the sexiest squint ever I also think the show is brilliantly produced. Ditto for, 'Without a Trace.' Some SVU's and Criminal Intent's I also find clever - not all.

ABC also often has great crime stuff such as, 'Wire In the Blood.'

So is that off-topic enough? Sometimes it's good to ramble about something other than beer.

Cheers
Pat

Tench is rubbish in my opinion. Talk shows are inherently entertaining due to their relative spontaneity but with Tench its impossible to tell how set up everything is, and whats actually going on.

TV is not all crap though, I look forward to Monday night viewing, a good line-up if you ask me!

6:00 Simpsons 10
6:30 Neighbors 10 (this could be shower/tea break!)
7:00 Futurama 10
7:30 Top Gear SBS
8:30 Southpark SBS
9:00 Southpark SBS
9:30 Enough Rope ABC (the first half hour)
10:00 OZ SBS
11:30 Scrubs 7 (if necessary!)

Ahh, but 6:30 is the time to go to SBS and catch some good news! :)

..'Cold Case.'.... 'Without a Trace.'... SVU's.....Criminal Intent's .

I would have to say I am a sucker for the genre of
  1. Introduce crime / crime scene
  2. Meet team in relaxed, amusing scenario then give them the new crime to solve
  3. Everyone gets to work collecting the clues
  4. Follow the wrong path and think its the wrong guy / girl
  5. Get a break through and identify the real killer / kidnapper etc.
  6. Go Get him / Her.
  7. Everybody l ives happily ever after (or not).
And there are so many of them on the telly that if there is really nothing else worth watching .......just watch a crime get solved.

:)
ATOMT

Samwise, I wouldn't worry about keeping this thread on topic. Loved your rant and I think what people have written is pretty interesting. Definitely amusing as in the case of ATOMT's comment on evangelist shows...

watching them is a bit like watching footage of a disaster or an accident.

While we're at it I love, 'The Chaser's War on Everything,' and 'The Glass House.' Not too many dud shows with these. On Ronnie Johns, I like, 'Chopper,' (starting to get a bit old though) and the, 'Put a Sticker On It,' bloke. The rest is a bit average.

As for clever drama, I can't miss, 'Cold Case.' Apart from Kathryn Morriss having the sexiest squint ever I also think the show is brilliantly produced. Ditto for, 'Without a Trace.' Some SVU's and Criminal Intent's I also find clever - not all.

ABC also often has great crime stuff such as, 'Wire In the Blood.'

So is that off-topic enough? Sometimes it's good to ramble about something other than beer.

Cheers
Pat

I agree with you there! the Chaser's and Glass House is great!

Did anybody watch "John Saffran VS God" and John Saffran's "Music Jamboree"?

Probably one of the best series I've seen on TV. I've got them on DVD now :D Highly recommended viewing!

While kind of off topic...............Most Aus radio is commercial shite too. Triple J is OK, Triple M hasn't been a rock station since they axed the Rubber Room back in the mid-nineties IIRC. They actually played Tool, Live, Sublime, Marilyn Manson, Metallica to name a few on the radio! It was great! Now they've got a 15 track playlist on rotation. Thank f**k they've cut down on nickelback! The reason (as i see it) people start to loath certain bands/songs (of the individual's choice) is due to the total overkill of the particular artist/track played over and over and over.

Hardly any new Australian rock groups are supported by Austero radio. The only repetition of Aus Artists consist of the shit that fall out the back end of Idol who DON'T EVEN WRITE THEIR OWN MUSIC!!

Anyone remember the fight between Kyle Sandypants (2day fm) and Jay from Frenzel Rhomb? Kyle had threatened to bury the band and that Frenzel will not get airplay on 2Day FM......................................................Frenzel have never been played on that station.....ever! So Jay essentially laughed at him for his ridiculous threat.

I love my rock/metal/alternative/electronic music but the only two radio stations i'll tune into for music is either Triple J or ABC Classic FM.

Triple J support a lot of Australian Artists of many genres and hold their annual Unearthed Comp which has got quite a few Aus acts up and running (Grinspoon, Missy Higgins, Killing Heidi + more I can't remember)

edit: spelling

I wish they'd broadcast The Discovery Channel and History Channel free-to-air... I can't justify paying whatever those rip-off merchants are charging for pay TV these days, but I do like filling my brain with quality programming.

In the meantime, SBS and ABC fill my small quota of TV for the week. The rest is downloaded!

Agree. I wouldn't mind getting PayTV but I don't want all the other crap that goes with it. I want Fox Sports, Discovery, History, National Geographic and CNN only, but I guess I'll be waiting a while.

Sam, don't worry about the music stations mate, 2GB 873AM talkback in association with your CD stacker in the car does the job nicely :super:

I just finished watching something Ive seen about three times and reckon its pretty good.
Penn & Teller's "Bullshit".

They really take the piss out of shiesters which I reckon is great.

The one tonight was all about the pumped up "saftey" industry resulting from our pumped up fear of every thing.

One guy was selling "High-rise parachutes" following 911, but he didnt even know how to use them properly. $10099, or the cheaper version where you only break your legs!!!

Just thought Id throw that one on the pile

ATOMT

all of teh chaser series have been great. you can download quite a few video casts of chasers war on eerything.

i am a big fan of triple j too. cant stant listening to commercial radio.

i am thinking of getting fox just for the soccer (a league and remier league) and discovery channel.

Anyone watch Top Gear on SBS on Monday nights? One of my current favourites.

Hear about the big crash yesterday??

"Top Gear's Richard Hammond critical after 280mph crash"

Jeremy.

love top gear too.

apparently it was a rocket power car or something??

Top Gear is about the only decent show on TV these days, apart from F1...
And as for all the crime/police/murder/law shows, pleeeeeease.. is 63 shows a week all on the same basic subject not enough? i'm going nuts.

Waiter, cheque please.

Well I've never bought a DVD in my life until Saturday. I had to buy the first 13 episodes of, 'The Chasers War on Everything,' though. This is a lifetime treasure!

AND, I must have missed that episode, but they bagged the Up-Late Game Show by HotDogs ages ago. My God! How long has that show been going? Hotdogs must have some real dirt on Channel Ten. Putting such a show to air is ridiculous. Keeping it going is stupendous.

Back