Cube from 2011 pitched today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick JD said:
Wouldn't the cube lose some of it's "sucked in" if it was permeable to air?
Technically, yes.

But, as everybody knows, botulism is anaerobic, meaning it doesn't like oxygen. As the air rushes through the thick plastic walls of the hermetically sealed cube, the botulism spores take one look and flee the other way. The mass of the botulism exiting the cube is roughly equal to the oxygen entering, hence no apparent change to the "vacuum" (or to use your terminology, "sucked-inedness") of the cube itself.

I may, or may not, be a scientist.

Botulinum can't live in a 1.100 sugaz solution.

I have a post-grad degree in science. Know very little about microbiology, but I'll have a crack.

C'mon now...

Back ot, the only RIS home brewed I ever drank was Bum's. it was deliciously arse. Licked the last drop.

I wonder what a commercial fresh wort kit would taste like after that amount of time?

practicalfool said:
C'mon now...

Back ot, the only RIS home brewed I ever drank was Bum's. it was deliciously arse. Licked the last drop.
Bum. Arse. Licked.

Chortle, chortle.

Botulism is really kicking arse this morning

RIS explosion.jpg

practicalfool said:
Are you wondering or are you sure?

Meant for wb
PK, mate, I think you need to recalibrate your sense of absurdity. ;)

Edit: Sorry, remembered you just moved to Canberra. From context I gather in the daily newspaper, all humour is banned from the national capitol.

Happy days Bribie, fond memories of that RIS' brewday. B)
I'm surprised the tap made it so far without being bumped off or otherwise coming to grief, evidently we did an awesome job with the prep for that cube. And that's probably the last JW Choc Chit on the planet! :chug:

WarmBeer said:
PK, mate, I think you need to recalibrate your sense of absurdity. ;)

Edit: Sorry, remembered you just moved to Canberra. From context I gather in the daily newspaper, all humour is banned from the national capitol.
Yar, my funny bone has shrunk in the cold.

Latest posts

Back