Coopers selling full kit & bits recipe packs with free postage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't just bottle a brew I'd be grabbing the cheeky cherub recipe, it looks like it'd be an enjoyable mix. I still think you can order some past recipes from their store, may even be able to score free postage by using the current promo word?

For as long as I remember they're all extract recipes? Some just have had specialty grains but I think they've all been extract in some way shape or form.

People generally make a distinction between kit brewing and extract brewing because there is an important difference between the two.

Thanks for the thread Great Head!

With another bub on the way I won't have any time to do any all grain beers for a while. Was able to grab a couple of my favourite Coopers kits for ~$45 (after free shipping discount)

It's payday and they are sold out! Damn you greedy buggers and damn myself for posting it! :)

Ah well they are saying 'temporarily out of stock' so hopefully it will be back up soon.

It's back up! I've got myself one but apparently stocks are very limited. So if you did want one jump in now Brewheads.

It looks like a solid recipe, if I was going to change anything I might add 250g of steeped crystal to it but that would be it.

Are they still doing free shipping till the end of the month? You could potentially make that your self?

My recipe pack arrived today only five days after ordering it, speed the mail! It all comes packaged up in a nice little coopers box, I can't wait to put it on. It's going to have to wait though, there's a bit of a 'queue of brews' waiting for their turn in my brew fridge...

Elderfi said:
Are they still doing free shipping till the end of the month? You could potentially make that your self?
They only seem to do the free shipping on the featured recipe packs which makes them pretty good value.

Well my Saison kit is still bubbling along slowly after 10 days in the fermenter. Started at 22C and let it creep up to 24C not taken a hydrometer reading yet will wait until the bubbles stop. I did read the Danstar Belle Saison yeast attenuates well in the higher temperatures. I hope I like it as have never tried a Saison could not find any commercial samples in the bottleo.

I've picked up some of these recipe packs in the past. I found that the total price is usually a cuople of dollars less than the cost if you went to the LHBS and got all the bits. So the postage truly is free if you can get that deal.

I often substitute any dextrose in the recipe with Brew Enhancer and keep the
dextrose for priming. But all in all if you want to brew with kits and bits these recipe packs are a good deal IMHO.

Thanks for the thread Great Head!

With another bub on the way I won't have any time to do any all grain beers for a while. Was able to grab a couple of my favourite Coopers kits for ~$45 (after free shipping discount)

Once when my latest bub was just born I made a K&K on the kitchen bench while cooking dinner. 2 cans of malt and a kit, wash fermenter, fry some meat, dump - stir, cook the vegies, pitch the yeast and eat dinner, all in 20 minutes. Better than empty bottles and it gave me something to drink. Ah but I couldn't resist and dry hopped it. LOL.

Just had my first bottle of Saison after 2 weeks in the fermenter and 3 weeks in the bottle.

Nice and chewy, with great hop flavour.

I got the chubby cherub bubbling away happily now in the fv.
This is my first beer go and it smells bloody good, can't stop sniffing the airlock. Look forward to having this one kegged up for xmas. If it lasts that long. Hoping to leave it alone that long to age up.
On the flipside, I kegged a brigalow cider I got for my birthday, swmbo had good intentions when she found it at bigW I guess. Added a bit of sugar syrup and juice to the keg to get a bit more flavour, it is carbing up in the fridge, so far tastes like a$$, hopefully will come good. Got a back up sitting on the trub in case it is a waste of kegspace,

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Hey Spilver, brewing an extract brew as your beer is a solid effort, I hope it works out well for you. If it does I think you'll be quite impressed with the result. As a rule I try to give my beers a month in the bottle before drinking them to get the most out of them but sometimes a man just can't wait that long.

If you can hold off until Xmas I think you'll be happy with you're result. As so many have said before me, the hardest thing to learn in brewing is patience. I'm not sure I've learnt it yet...

ChrisLevo said:
Just had my first bottle of Saison after 2 weeks in the fermenter and 3 weeks in the bottle.

Nice and chewy, with great hop flavour.
:icon_offtopic: How did it turn out clear or cloudy ? I just bottled mine and does not appear to be clearing I was thinking maybe the wheat can.

I did the dry hopping last night.
Goddamn it smells good today. I can't imagine this being no good. I need another keg or two.
I'll build a keezer next free weekend, the ol 2 keg kelvinator doesn't have room for beer and cider flowing and conditioning at once.
The brigalow has mellowed a little, but I just can't deal with the smell. I think I'll dump it and drop in the juice brew which has 2 months on the trub, found apple juice concentrate at my new local grocery store. I know I can make a way better product with that and the dry cider in the fv than the toxic whatever it is polluting my tap right now.
Had to Go buy a 6 pak of fat yak tonight cause I couldn't face what lurks in the keg again.
Must be the lovely hoppy smell in the spare bathroom/fermenting chamber that made me crave a dose of hoppy goodness.
Bless Victorian liquor licence laws and the IGA store across the road. Let you both punish my liver.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Got the cherub in the fridge now to drop the yeast. The fruitiness had come back a bit, 3 days it has read 1010 so I'm going in.
Very fkn excited about kegging this, next is a pure blonde kit for swmbo who lacks the taste for good beer, the brigalow batch tripped and fell down the sink. Oops.
I dropped a bottle of AJ concentrate in the all juice batch, and 1.5lt. of fresh juice. 2-3 days re fermenting should give the right dry/sweet hit, and should be a big hit. Last one like this was kinda dirty granny ish. Pretty good.
Fk I love this hobby.

^^^ that would be the 100g Dark Crystal Malt grain

Latest posts

Back