Cooper's Clear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is being released tonight at the Wine Centre, according to the Cooper's Facebook page...

Well, a new beer is being released anyway. I got my friend to post "Cooper's Clear?", and his comment promptly got deleted :rolleyes:.

It's being publicly launched next week. Some big thing to do with Australia Day. We have a bunch of it sitting in the storeroom but we aren't allowed to sell it until Monday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they should make a summery wheat version of their current pale. Don't rock the boat too much - same yeast, a generous quantity of wheat malt and perhaps a touch of POR late hopped. I'm thinking about 4-4.5% abv. Same bottle and similar labeling to the Sparkling, Pale, Mild, Stout etc. You'd get a new, all Australian beer that's unique and befitting of the current range....

Good idea disco - go give em a lend of your mind for a while and we'd have some ripper beers coming out!

Don't think I'll try the lo-carb beer if thats what they're bringing out as my opinion of them in gneral is a shot of vodka in a bottle of water. Why brew what may be a decent beer and then strip the body and flavour out of it? Man alive!

Anyway, if they keep trying new things and keep what works I'm happy - only means that sooner or later we'll end up with a new Coopers beer that improves on the ones already there.

Cheers - boingk

Powers used to do a nice Vienna Red before Fosters took them over and shafted it.

It's being publicly launched next week. Some big thing to do with Australia Day. We have a bunch of it sitting in the storeroom but we aren't allowed to sell it until Monday.

maybe some ones being naughty but they had these in the fridge at first choice in south morang the other day. i tried one and its very run of the mill unoffensive lo carb beer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they should make a summery wheat version of their current pale. Don't rock the boat too much - same yeast, a generous quantity of wheat malt and perhaps a touch of POR late hopped. I'm thinking about 4-4.5% abv. Same bottle and similar labeling to the Sparkling, Pale, Mild, Stout etc. You'd get a new, all Australian beer that's unique and befitting of the current range....

Have they listened to you yet?

Since other people have mentioned Coopers DB, I used to quite enjoy that. I was 16-17 at the time though so I'm not sure what I'd think of it now...

Have they listened to you yet?

Since other people have mentioned Coopers DB, I used to quite enjoy that. I was 16-17 at the time though so I'm not sure what I'd think of it now...

From memory which is very faint DB was an aquired tasted back in the 80's mainly because it had flavour, bring back DB I say, sure will give TED a run for its money now that kind of stuff is in vogue......

Coopers problem is they 30 years a head of megaswill monoliths ... ;)

Coopers Clear? Sounds a lot like Boags Pure - their new one. Although that's not a low carb beer.

Apologies for the off topic post, but, is there anyone on here that likes the Coopers 62?

A guy at work registered in their website and got a free carton delivered to our office. I took a drink of the stuff and agree with some of the negative comments. Totally bummed as I love all things coopers normally and had high hopes for it. This stuff didn't appeal to me at all, there was an overwhelming 'cut apple' flavour coming out of my beer which I would suspect was acetyl.

I didn't say anything about it to my other non-brewing co-workers, just to see how much of this stuff got drunk. We had a bunch of Crown lagers in the work fridge too and most people actually started switching to these! :lol: This is despite Coopers 62's new sexy packaging and the fact that this stuff is brand new. I guess people will go where they can detect flavour - like one of the other comments I could not detect any hop flavour - despite our promo poster that came with the freebies stating that they have saaz & hersbrucker hops in it.

If you want a free case you could probably do the same as my mate did and enter your details/profile on the site Link , but after trying it on that occasion I don't think I'll be going back for more.

Hopper.

Tried it a couple of days ago on the way home from work its a wery bland beer but after the day i had a warm fosters or vb would have been good!!!!

Walking through the city on the way to work this morning:

coopersclear.jpg

I guess the 'official' marketing has begun.

I sometimes struggle to tell the real articles from the ads in the Advertiser anyway.

I'm working at the airport at the moment, and i noticed today that they've changed the big Coopers Pilsner bilboard to the Coopers Clear.

Latest posts

Back