Cooper's Clear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Apologies for the off topic post, but, is there anyone on here that likes the Coopers 62?
I personally find it quite enjoyable.
I thought the Coopers lager was pretty poor but imo their mild ale is not too bad.
The lo carb beers and or mid strength seem to be the go with pub drinkers, and the new one may be a hit.
Time will tell.

Cheers
+1 I quite liked it too

On the lo carb perhap its going to be Coopers DB re-marketed from memory DB (dry beer) is the original lo carb beer. As my Dad's doctor put him on to it when he go diabetes in the 80's. Both of us didn't mind it at all.

Also from memory it had flavour and ABV was around 4.5 to 5% I think .....

fair go I was only a kid back then.... ;)

On the lo carb perhap its going to be Coopers DB re-marketed from memory DB (dry beer) is the original lo carb beer. As my Dad's doctor put him on to it when he go diabetes in the 80's. Both of us didn't mind it at all.

Also from memory it had flavour and ABV was around 4.5 to 5% I think .....

fair go I was only a kid back then.... ;)

Was going to post the same.............

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Coopers-Beer-Cans-S...1201006001r6540

Looks like they were still making it around the 2005 mark.

Something tells me this lo-carb won't be anything like the original DB which I'm pretty sure just used low temp long mashing and a standard lager yeast rather than any "modern" lo-carb techniques.

Could be wrong though..........

Edit : that's low temp mashing not high :hits head:

I asked the question on Facebook and got the following Response...

Coopers
Coopers can not confirm nor deny.........

Why am I not surprised?

I bet it will replace the failed 62 pilsner.

Coppers on a slow decline :( What next Coopers Crown?

Batz

I haven't been paying attention to it, but it's failed already? Is this a record for Coopers- their other failed lagers took longer to fail than this.

Well ten out of ten for effort, they are always trying something new:

coop1.jpgcoop2.jpgcoop3.jpgcoop4.jpgcoop5.jpg

Didn't they do a beer called Big Barrel? Didn't mind that during the QLD beer strike.

I was talking to one of the brewers down there a few month ago about this and from what he was saying there not all that happy about it but it's all the talk from the marketing exec's they think that it going to be a great seller for them. Just another try to crack into markets that the Pale and Sparkling will never compete in. It's sad to see Coopers trying to compete with the Big boys by producing the same shit as them but that's the power of the boardroom for you. Would love to see coopers produce a new craft style beer but think the days of this are long gone. :(

before i started brewing i actualy didnt mind the coopers db beer i did drink a bit of it

Coopers Sparkling is still just about my favourite beer. Just due to the "consequences" I don't drink it too often (or too many).

My normal standby is their Pale Ale. Only 4.5% and a nice strong flavour.

I find the Mild to be a Milder version of the Pale Ale and drink it heaps in summer. Except for Rogers, would IMO be the best of the midstrength beers.

I can understand them producing a low carb beer. I'll probably try one just to say I've tried it, but seriously if you want the low flavour these low carbs produce than drink lite beer. They're also much better for your diet than any of the low carb beers. I find it funny that people get suckered into thinking they can swill a dozen of these low flavour/carb beers and it still be good for their health.

I also had the same experience.... my dad got it when I went over there.. we all took a sip... looked at each other and said "well... wont be getting that again"

I agree. Beer was very tasteless and uninspiring. Won't buy it again.

I can confirm this, Woolworths Liquor will be carrying this line from Monday. Imagine that would mean BWS and Dans aswell

Well ten out of ten for effort, they are always trying something new:
Coopers are also releasing a new shape beer can for The Big Day Out.
Similar shape to red bull, but am assuming will hold 330ml, not sure what is going to be in the can though.

As long as they keep making good beers it doesn't matter if they release some crap ones as well to try and increase/compete within their market. If they removed their good beers and replaced them with crap ones, it would be a worry.

I would like to see the ridiculous trend of lo-carb disappear from the market altogether though.

I was talking to my local coopers Rep, and Coopers are re-branding their Lager range to be different from their traditional ale range. rest assured that there ales are well and truly staying and they are bringing out new beers...

I dont mind the 62 Pilsner, OK not a true to the word version, but nice on a hot day.

I am an avid drinker of Mild, basically dont drink much else, and they do market the Mild with radio adds. its proving to be popular

They redid their lager and light packaging a few months back. The more money they make on this sort of tripe the more they can spend developing better recipes

My understanding was that coopers 62 was out selling their initial expectations?
I havent tried it and I've heard mixed reviews.

Low carb beer makes sence - it is the in vogue "style"of beer at the moment. Personally I hate them - but plenty of people like them. Id rather have a soda water. Horses for courses.

They wont change CSA or CPA cause they sell too well.
Just cause a company tries to extend its market doesnt mean its going away from its traditional roots. I saw go for it coopers!

Coopers are also releasing a new shape beer can for The Big Day Out.
Similar shape to red bull, but am assuming will hold 330ml, not sure what is going to be in the can though.

Usually Dr Tim's, innit?

Latest posts

Back