Cooper's Clear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullsneck

Malty tasking
Reaction score
I was having a beer with a Coopers rep who managed to let slip a little secret. Coopers are releasing a new low-carb beer, which shall be found in a clear bottle.

It s due for release Australia Day.

Do we need another low-carb?

Why am I not surprised?

I bet it will replace the failed 62 pilsner.

I guess they have to give the market what it wants. So long as they don't scrap their good product it should be of no consequence.

Why am I not surprised?

I bet it will replace the failed 62 pilsner.

I haven't been paying attention to it, but it's failed already? Is this a record for Coopers- their other failed lagers took longer to fail than this.

I'm tipping it will be on the high end of quality regarding low-carb beers. Might try it.

I haven't been paying attention to it, but it's failed already? Is this a record for Coopers- their other failed lagers took longer to fail than this.

Well, I haven't heard of anyone who's enjoyed it and would buy it over other similar (and cheaper!) beers. Also, I have a few "spies" working in bottle shops around Adelaide, and the stock isn't moving.

Hi all,

Apologies for the off topic post, but, is there anyone on here that likes the Coopers 62?
I personally find it quite enjoyable.
I thought the Coopers lager was pretty poor but imo their mild ale is not too bad.
The lo carb beers and or mid strength seem to be the go with pub drinkers, and the new one may be a hit.
Time will tell.

Cheers

Hi all,

Apologies for the off topic post, but, is there anyone on here that likes the Coopers 62?
I thought the Coopers lager was pretty poor but imo their mild ale is not too bad.
The lo carb beers and or mid strength seem to be the go with pub drinkers, and the new one may be a hit.
Time will tell.

Cheers

I am fond of the 62 actually, i prefer it over the pale and sparkling ale. As far as megaswill goes.

I like it but I can't see myself buying it again anytime soon. Too many other beers to try first.

I personally find it offensive. I have tried it twice now - the second time just in case the first was a bad bottle - and both times had great difficulty finishing the glass. I found a lot of sulphur on the nose, no distinct hop aroma, and nothing that I would call a 'crisp' quality that a pilsner really should have.

Coopers lager isn't too bad actually (for a lager, not a pilsner of course), but their mild puts the name to shame. Thin, watery, no good malt profile - I think it's a beer watered down rather than brewed as a mild.

I love their mild, why they don't promote that more is beyond me! I don't reckon it tastes much different to the pale ale and its only 3.5%!

*promptly eats his words*

I guess if it is not moving around the bottle shops then that would be a fair indication.
The worst thing I find about the beer is the bottle that it is in.
A green bottle with the logo moulded into the glass. Coopers, What were you thinking? :lol:
The best thing I like about the beer is that it still has some flavour even when served reasonably cold.

Cheers

their mild puts the name to shame. Thin, watery, no good malt profile - I think it's a beer watered down rather than brewed as a mild.

I agree from a style nazi point of view the name is totally wrong, its not an English Mild. But I'm not sure its watered down. From what I've heard its the same recipe as the Pale Ale but without the sugar. At least that's what I was told many years ago.

Lo Carb beers are everywhere right now and Coopers probably know they wont lose any of their
pale/stout/sparkling customers by making a lo carb. so as a company they would be mad not to try and grab a market share of the lo carb market.

:icon_offtopic: ive been meaning to try the 62 pilsner just havent got around to it maybe ill give it a miss

:icon_offtopic: On another note i tried one of the "Bighead" no carb beers last night..... :icon_vomit: worst beer ever. No taste, no hops, nothing, may as well been drinking muddy soda water.

:icon_offtopic: On another note i tried one of the "Bighead" no carb beers last night..... :icon_vomit: worst beer ever. No taste, no hops, nothing, may as well been drinking muddy soda water.

I agree. Beer was very tasteless and uninspiring. Won't buy it again.

Back