Cooper's Clear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a disappointing beer from Coopers. To be honest I am not a huge fan of coopers entire range of beers but they are generally more drinkable than the super megaswill. I think they have struck nirvana with this offering as it certainly rates with the megaswill competition. Shame really. :(

What a disappointing beer from Coopers. To be honest I am not a huge fan of coopers entire range of beers but they are generally more drinkable than the super megaswill. I think they have struck nirvana with this offering as it certainly rates with the megaswill competition. Shame really. :(

worked that out without even trying it :p

clear beer = beer - colour - flavour - aroma - body

so that leaves.......water + alcohol

I enjoyed Coopers Draught during early uni as an alternative to the ales.

It had a flavour that was different to all the other megaswill lagers that i couldn't place as i wasn't a brewer back then!

Perhaps that was it?

It had flavour?

As opposed to the Carlton Colds and hahn ice i consumed by the carton :icon_vomit:

You liked the Draught Smurto??? When i 1st started drinking i thought it was horrid. My own opinon tho

Any1 tried this beer as yet?

what was black crow? a dark mild?

wanst coopers clear availabel 10 years ago,?

a non brewing mate went to the launch last night. (prick should have taken me!) he said in dr tim's speech that it was brewed with 100% malt. maybe it will be better than the other low carb beers. dr tim also said that they plan to get all the younger guys drinking this first and then get them drinking the real coopers beers. or something along those lines.

i will re state, this was all from a half pissed non brewing mate.

Lobo

Although I'll probably never buy it, I think it's a good move by Coopers. As long as they remain a family run entity there is some hope that their ales won't change and the more brand marketing they do the better. As someone has already mentioned, this style of beer will be a good "stepping stone" to their ales and hopefully cut into the market of the bigger breweries.

saw one at work today. They sent a promotional one to us on monday. I didnt try it. Matter of fact it had the worst packaging I have ever seen. Looked cheap and nasty and I cant se myself trying one anytime soon (well not if I have to buy it myself!)

The only lo carb beer that has not made me want to cry is cascade green which I had last night while fairly tanked at an exhibition opening (and it was provided free). That said I reckon pure blonde would still have made me want to stab myself with the pate fork under the same circumstances.

disclaimer: There was no pate.

It's on tap at the Exeter at the moment. They took the Mild off - not happy - had a pale in disgust!

I bought a carton from Dan Murphy's for a party in preference to TEDs which I can't stand, for the people who are sold on the lo carb hype.

It had decent aroma that was slightly floral and fruity, but it was absolutly tasteless. It all went though thanks to my beer swilling mates, but i didn't rate it at all.

I'll stick with Pale Ales and Sparkling thanks. I wish Coopers would make an IPA though.

Coopers is now a mega swill brewery like any other, they do have a couple of nice beers but keep bringing out stuff for the masses. All about the $$ I'm afraid.

It's been down hill since they left the city.
Batz

I see why they did this... $$$

the thing is I don't know why they need to do this...

Despite being a huge Low Carb beer market... I can't imagine many people will drink it, most people in that "category of beer drinkers" will stick to there favorite brand, and the market is already well and truly saturated with similar beers for people to choose, probably at a much lower price.

The Ale range may not change in consistency and quality (and i certainly hope it dosen't) but if Coopers are going to pander to the megaswill market we can't really expect any new innovations for the more "boutique" range (if you can call it that) ... i.e. a coopers IPA or seasonal brews etc...

I would also love coopers to brew an IPA. I really like American IPA but I think it would be interesting if they brewed an "Australian style IPA". Super Pride of Ringwoood mixed with Galaxy maybe???

I have had to endure some of these tonight as last weekend some friends came over and drank all the HB, wow it's amazing how shit this stuuf is, first one I cracked I got a faint wiff of coopers, but alas after that nothing.
Shit day followed by a truely shit beer.

Had myself a good chuckle the other week (day after the launch of the Clear)...went into the Ed at Mitcham for some lunch and went up to the bar unsure of what beer I wanted...was thinking of getting a JSGA but thought I have that all the time so best see if they had anything else of interest (other than Coopers vintage = can't drive due high alc), while staring at the fridge the bar tender said "can I help you", "too many choices mate" was my reply...then next to me ...a beer rep / other bar man (not sure which) piped up and said 'we have the new Coopers Clear'...my reply "Phhh I like my beer with flavour, not watery shit like that, low carbs, low flavour", the look on his face was priceless...absolutely stunned at my such honest answer....his reply was "I was at the launch last night, it was popular, but damn I had a head ache this morning".....I think this says it all.

Not going to try it (unless its free), don't think I'm missing much.

Pok

I assume this beer is pasteurized and full of chemicals like the other low carb beers....

on the odd occasions I have had a low carb beer I always get instant head aches, I assume it is cos I'm not use to all the Chemical crap!

I assume this beer is pasteurized and full of chemicals like the other low carb beers....

on the odd occasions I have had a low carb beer I always get instant head aches, I assume it is cos I'm not use to all the Chemical crap!
speaking of headaches, I have one now!!

Back