Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Contract Brewing - Anyone Done It?

Discussion in 'All Grain Brewing' started by chrisluki, 28/9/15.

1. doon

Home Page:
    Posted 30/9/15
    Just remember brewing on a homebrew scale and brewing on a commercial scale are different beasts altogether.

I work in a brewery and most days im covered in yeast and trub or cleaning something or other or shoveling hundreds of kilos of grain from the mash tun sweating my arse off. The other times im standing on a bottling line doing the same thing over and over for hours on end.

If this still sounds appealing go for it!

2. klangers

Posted 30/9/15
    And then the endless QA, angry customers (eg bottle stores, not the end drinker), equipment maintenance, taxes...

I started out wanting to produce my own biodiesel. I wrote my engineering thesis on it. Sadly, it was barely economically viable. Australia is just not emotionally ready for biofuels. My mate gave me a homebrew kit for my 21st and off I went. I never really got into AG until AFTER I had been working in breweries. I guess it's the mechanical engineer = love big machines thing. Different folks, different strokes

3. Jacko1234

Home Page:
    Posted 20/8/19
    Does anyone know any breweries around Newcastle offering gypsy/contract brewing?

4. Dan Pratt

Posted 21/8/19
    i think that HOPE estate do or they did for a while