Contract Brewing - Anyone Done It?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eMPTy said:
Pretty much same boat here. 23 and finishing a double degree end of next year. Actively considering ignoring those to go to some formal brewing education. Haven't even been brewing long. The idea just seems so appealing.
Just remember brewing on a homebrew scale and brewing on a commercial scale are different beasts altogether.

I work in a brewery and most days im covered in yeast and trub or cleaning something or other or shoveling hundreds of kilos of grain from the mash tun sweating my arse off. The other times im standing on a bottling line doing the same thing over and over for hours on end.

If this still sounds appealing go for it!

doon said:
Just remember brewing on a homebrew scale and brewing on a commercial scale are different beasts altogether.

I work in a brewery and most days im covered in yeast and trub or cleaning something or other or shoveling hundreds of kilos of grain from the mash tun sweating my arse off. The other times im standing on a bottling line doing the same thing over and over for hours on end.

If this still sounds appealing go for it!
And then the endless QA, angry customers (eg bottle stores, not the end drinker), equipment maintenance, taxes...

I started out wanting to produce my own biodiesel. I wrote my engineering thesis on it. Sadly, it was barely economically viable. Australia is just not emotionally ready for biofuels. My mate gave me a homebrew kit for my 21st and off I went. I never really got into AG until AFTER I had been working in breweries. I guess it's the mechanical engineer = love big machines thing. Different folks, different strokes

Back