Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel for you mate, had a nice night last night and looking forward to chill out day with my girlfriend and she wakes up crying with a migraine..

Mattress said:
I work in the pre-hospital emergency health area.

We used to be provided with tins of International Roast at work but this has been stopped due to cut backs.

Things must be really crook when a tin of International Roast is pushing the budget into the red.
They'd have to cut services to Hoons, Loons, Goons and Spoons if they give you coffee. I got hauled over the coals by an assistant commissioner for daring to buy a carton of toilet paper for my staff. Requested to justify the outlandish purchase so sent in a formal request to stop giving staff the shits and halt all verbal diarrhoea attacks along with a request for increasing staff by 2 arse wipers from the management team and installation of a bidet from the capital works budget. Never did hear back. Good thing there is life after the "circus".

manticle said:
Next door neighbour has been complaining (politely, to us) about noise levels sometimes when we play music or movies at night. Being accommodating people, we have apologised and do our best to monitor levels, especially late at night. So far, so good
Today she accosted my partner as she rode home from work saying it was too loud and she could hear it through the walls. Walls are brick but it's a street of terrace houses so it's all joined.
Thing is from 3pm till 4 pm, I was playing music through our system - not weedeater, not brighter death now, sourvein or gruntsplatter but rowland s howard and townes van zandt. The rest of the day I played youtube music through my mobile phone speaker while I cleaned the house and worked on a drawing. Country music in my own home at 3 pm on a sunday in inner metro melbourne.
**** off sweetheart. Neighbourly relations may be about to sour.
So 9.45 pm last night, public holiday, friday night, watching vikings with my lady.
Very aggressive banging on the flyscreen/security door. Who should it be but little miss no noise?
'Um excuse me, do you think I could ask you to turn it down?'

'I don't think so. You're really annoying. We're moving out in a week so maybe you'll get some neighbours more suitable for the area'.
Closed door, walked away and heard her say loudly 'wow!'
Needless to say I pushed the volume up a wee tad when I got back to my chair.

Sometimes it feels good to be an unco-operative, spiteful, arrogant, rude prick. Hope she chokes on her organic bircher mueseli and natural yoghurt with added quinoa.

Forgot to add in my original post that she told my partner; 'it's not that kind of a neighbourhood', something that rankled and turned me into the arsehole neighbour I now am.

Sometimes it feels good to be an unco-operative, spiteful, arrogant, rude prick. Hope she chokes on her organic bircher mueseli and natural yoghurt with added quinoa.

So you do get invited around for breakfast then :)

We are a street away from the empress (which was live music less than 2 years ago), next door to us have parties every public holiday, across the road have loud social events regularly, I hear people singing and playing music nearby all the time. I think she may have confused carlton with her local amish community.

"It's not that kind of neighbourhood". What, the entire neighbourhood doesn't like the TV show Vikings? It must be more of a Downton Abbey type of place.

Yeah we had a vote and the only tv allowed is heartbeat, downtown abbey and poirot. Volume must be down to 7%, everyone in bed, lights out by 8pm (hot chocolate at 7.30 or you miss out) and strictly no music outside 2pm-3pm Saturdays only.
I wish everyone would stop knitting so loudly.

Camo6 said:
Had the van hooked up, cruiser packed and ready to go, all set for a long weekend away. Then my daughter spends all night spewing and now the wife is. Thanks childcare! Way to kill the weekend. Now I just need to strap myself in and be ready for my turn.
It just keeps getting better and better. While I should be fishing for flatties with a beer in hand on my birthday, instead I'm stuck at home. No worries, I'll brew that wheat beer I milled the other day. Get the brewrig heating up while I pop up the street only to find out I didn't fill the HEX vessel with water. Shit. That's ok, the thermal switch has opened. Fill it up, reset it and away it goes, back on track. Until the element starts drawing too much current and fuses the main relay and mounting block into a sticky mess. FML.

WTF is the go not being able to buy Alcohol on good friday.

**** the Christians.

I want my booze

Camo6 said:
It just keeps getting better and better. While I should be fishing for flatties with a beer in hand on my birthday, instead I'm stuck at home. No worries, I'll brew that wheat beer I milled the other day. Get the brewrig heating up while I pop up the street only to find out I didn't fill the HEX vessel with water. Shit. That's ok, the thermal switch has opened. Fill it up, reset it and away it goes, back on track. Until the element starts drawing too much current and fuses the main relay and mounting block into a sticky mess. FML.
Oh ho but don't stop there. Why not prep some starter wort for the two cubes waiting in the fridge. Into the pressure cooker go my two 500ml Schott Duran erlenmeyer's. A bit of a snug fit but hey, when has thermal expansion ever hurt anything? FFS! Are you serious? I guarantee I'll get this God damned gastro by the end of the day. FML&FY2

Maybe you should just sit down and read a book. Then again, the way your luck is going, you would sever a finger with a papercut.

While I'm here I might as well rant.

Should have spent the last 2 days laying paving. I've got 500 bricks and a ton of sand killing my front lawn right now. They should be making a nice path down the side of the house to the new brewery. Instead I've been sitting inside watching the rain piss down.

Hope it clears up tomorrow so I can at least get started.

Airgead said:
While I'm here I might as well rant.

Should have spent the last 2 days laying paving. I've got 500 bricks and a ton of sand killing my front lawn right now. They should be making a nice path down the side of the house to the new brewery. Instead I've been sitting inside watching the rain piss down.

Hope it clears up tomorrow so I can at least get started.
Get that base sand down and roughly levelled now,the rain will help with settling and some compaction.
So the rest of us can sit back with a cold one and laugh at you working in the rain.:)

Latest posts

Back