Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
WTF is the go not being able to buy Alcohol on good friday.

**** the Christians.

I want my booze
Make your own, there are some instructions round here somewhere. ;)

WarmerBeer said:
Rain? What the hell is that?
Had over 200mm in the last couple of days, wouldn't be easter without it. Being on tank water rain falls into either : When is it going to rain ( tanks not full ) to I wish this rain would stop ( tanks overflowing ). Currently at the latter.

BadSeed said:
Make your own, there are some instructions round here somewhere. ;)
I have been here 10yrs.....havnt found any yet.

I have heard that some people on here talk about brewing, but I think its all done via PM

Ducatiboy stu said:
WTF is the go not being able to buy Alcohol on good friday.

**** the Christians.

I want my booze
Never mind, try harder, have an open mind, maybe one day you might find reason to thank us. Appreciate you thinking of us though. There is the other 363 days to try.

I dont follow a faith that has a hipster that enjoys being nailed to a cross.

Give me stripers and a beer volcano any day.

manticle said:
Why not. If you were willing to have an open mind then I wouldn't need to answer the question for you. You would be able to find it out yourself. Having said that, if you're simply looking for reason to create an urgument (I say that based on previous posts in which you've shown your thoughts on this matter) you've come to the wrong place. And I do get where you're coming from having been there myself.

Ducatiboy stu said:

But dude - check the brutha out ! Born in Bethlehem, 2015 years ago, blonde straight hair and blue eyes. I realise its only a 16 hour walk to the coast from there, but not sure Patrick Swayze and his Point Break mates had visited at that time in history.
Most Israelis dont look like this;

jesus.jpg

madpierre06 said:
Why not. If you were willing to have an open mind then I wouldn't need to answer the question for you. You would be able to find it out yourself. Having said that, if you're simply looking for reason to create an urgument (I say that based on previous posts in which you've shown your thoughts on this matter) you've come to the wrong place. And I do get where you're coming from having been there myself.
Having an open mind doesn't mean accepting bizarre theories based on slim evidence. An open mind is a critical mind, not a drainhole.

Not really looking for an argument, just wondering why the rest of the world is supposed to be grateful to one, admittedly substantive branch of religious belief. What did you collectively do?

manticle said:
Having an open mind doesn't mean accepting bizarre theories based on slim evidence. An open mind is a critical mind, not a drainhole.

Not really looking for an argument, just wondering why the rest of the world is supposed to be grateful to one, admittedly substantive branch of religious belief. What did you collectively do?
As I said, not irterested in being drawn into arguments where one is required to meet degrees of evidence as prescribed by someone else. An open mind is a willing one, not necessary a critical one. And where a person's beliefs are based on a personal and real experience.....then that is all that is required in this case. An open mind is one that is willing accept an alternate experience and potentially change on'es views based on the experience of someone else. By your terminology it's clear you have a (not completely) closed and subjective view here...so there is no point being interested in describing my own experience. As it happens...my own experience and opinion of religion itself differs probably only mildly from yours, and Christ Himself was not averse to tearing the religious leaders of the day a new one.

I'm not actually asking for your evidence for the existence of god, christ's alleged supernature, virgin birth nor anything of the sort.
What I am querying is why the non christian world (religious and non- religious alike) should be or will be grateful to christians.

Forget my atheism or your christianity for a sec (or definitions of open minds, acceptance of miracles, changing my perspective based on your experience, etc).

Let's say footscray soccer club claim that one day, all other football clubs, as well as citizens who don't partake in footy or indeed any competitive sport, may one day be grateful to them. Why? What did they do? What did you do?
I'm not asking what did God do or Christ do. What did his followers do? It was oddly phrased and that's what my query is based on.

I'm not saying anybody should be grateful to us....all I know is that I am grateful because of my experience. And the gratitude is only possible or considered if you have had a personal experience.

That is very different to what was implied in your earlier post.
Yes ducati or myself may one day be grateful to christianity, islam, hinduism or shintoism or any other brand. Likewise we may not, just as a non sporting chap may or may not one day get into footy.
Thanks for the clarification though. To be clear- I wasn't having a go at your adherence to a faith based philosophy nor pushing you to justify it. I hold very different views but I'm perfectly content that different people don't think, feel or believe everything I do and co-existence is not only possible but preferable.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Hold up. You do realise Strypers were Christian yeah?

stryperpress.jpg

Man, wouldn't that be a let down when you entered the afterlife.

manticle said:
That is very different to what was implied in your earlier post.
Yes ducati or myself may one day be grateful to christianity, islam, hinduism or shintoism or any other brand. Likewise we may not, just as a non sporting chap may or may not one day get into footy.
Thanks for the clarification though. To be clear- I wasn't having a go at your adherence to a faith based philosophy nor pushing you to justify it. I hold very different views but I'm perfectly content that different people don't think, feel or believe everything I do and co-existence is not only possible but preferable.
I don't disagree with you on any of what you've said here, and can see why you thought I was implying that. At the risk of further justifying self...as you noted earlier, and yeah, it can be one of my numerous flaws.....my original response here was due to a highly offensive attack on a group of people of who I am one because someone couldn't buy a beer. On another day I probably would not have responded...today I happened to take it personally.

mckenry said:
But dude - check the brutha out ! Born in Bethlehem, 2015 years ago, blonde straight hair and blue eyes. I realise its only a 16 hour walk to the coast from there, but not sure Patrick Swayze and his Point Break mates had visited at that time in history.
Most Israelis dont look like this;

attachicon.gif
jesus.jpg
http://www.troll.me/images/thumbs-up-jesus-says/jesus-says-****-yeah.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:

Thank ( someone ) that this was not Halal certified. We would have us a real problem

madpierre06 said:
I don't disagree with you on any of what you've said here, and can see why you thought I was implying that. At the risk of further justifying self...as you noted earlier, and yeah, it can be one of my numerous flaws.....my original response here was due to a highly offensive attack on a group of people of who I am one because someone couldn't buy a beer. On another day I probably would not have responded...today I happened to take it personally.
Can you please provide the floowing

What was the attack ?

Why was it offensive.

Please note my apologies to any Hipsters out there, didnt mean to offend you guys

And they say religion is the cause of all wars. Pfffft.

Back