Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not legally binding until they accept your acceptance of the offer, this is to safeguard against fuckups, typos etc. They can get pinged if they're constantly underquoting people to get business in the door but that's a separate issue

Dave70 said:
But when is a quote not a quote.
Got to love old mate who rings up 12 months after the quote saying he is ready for the job. Wont accept that prices have gone up since then.

Never did get back to him. Still got emails every other week asking when I can do the job

The thing is, they quoted me, I paid in full, on the spot. Deal done in my mind. If as Stu says above and I was like old mate and I paid way later, all fair.
If I got a quote from Stu, paid on the day, then Stu takes a year to do the job, the increases in price are Stu's problem.

Its all about when the ca$h exchanged.

mckenry said:
The thing is, they quoted me, I paid in full, on the spot. Deal done in my mind. If as Stu says above and I was like old mate and I paid way later, all fair.
If I got a quote from Stu, paid on the day, then Stu takes a year to do the job, the increases in price are Stu's problem.

Its all about when the ca$h exchanged.
Well, once you have paid in full, thats it, Its no longer a Quote, its an invoice.

Camo6 said:
Was it front or rear Stu? Looks like a bit of "I'll do it next weekend" to me. I ignored the vibe in the WB until one night it went and I thought the doors were gonna fall off. I limped it home and found the front uni was destroyed to the point the vibration had cracked the bell housing end to end. Damn lucky the panel van didn't do a somersault.
Lucky it was the diff end for me...The needle bearings had actually shattered on formed little balls that ended up jaming the uni. Whe I got the tail shaft out I had to hit the uni flang with a hammer to move it. It was well rooted

Ducatiboy stu said:
Lucky it was the diff end for me...The needle bearings had actually shattered on formed little balls that ended up jaming the uni. Whe I got the tail shaft out I had to hit the uni flang with a hammer to move it. It was well rooted
Pretty sure there's some English in that paragraph. Somewhere?

manticle said:
Look, I came here for an argument. I'm not just going to stand here and................
And wait !,well Sir I am sorry to inform you that complaints department is now closed for the weekend.
If you kindly resubmit your complaint when the office reopens for business next week,your complaint may,just may be considered ( fat chance).
As to when exactly the complaints department is in operation....I'm not telling. How fucked are you now.

Sincerely yours.
The cleaner.

What's with all the shitheads on public transport these days listening to music without headphones?

krausenhaus said:
What's with all the shitheads on public transport these days listening to music without headphones?
Just go up and stand next to them, playing some Miles Davis. My phone goes as loud as yours, buddy...

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well, once you have paid in full, thats it, Its no longer a Quote, its an invoice.
Thats called a sale in my book.
Or if paid cash, not called anything.

I can usually tell when the tradies here have done a cash job. They head straight to the pub, early

They cant wait to stimulate the economy by supporting some of the highest taxed vices under one roof.
True patriots.

One tip to remember if you owe the ATO any money, don't ask if its cheaper for cash they haven't got a sense of humour, another tip to remember one of the members (who I know of) of AHB works for the ATO :ph34r:

hah, that reminds me.
Years ago a mate of a mate got his employer into strife by telling centrelink "oh its ok, they pay me in cash so it doesn't count" when applying for the dole.

Had the van hooked up, cruiser packed and ready to go, all set for a long weekend away. Then my daughter spends all night spewing and now the wife is. Thanks childcare! Way to kill the weekend. Now I just need to strap myself in and be ready for my turn.

Latest posts

Back