Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I resisted the temptation to use Miz Lambie as the protagonist in the 'Pig on a spit' thread.
So hard, so hard..

wide eyed and legless said:
Latest rumour is Jacqui Lambie and the Australian sex party are going to combine and make a new political party, the 'Lets have a party' party :D
7:30 in the morning ,Jacqui Lambie and sex,thanks for ruining my day before it started. :)

Bridges said:
If you don't want comfort, room or practicality, how can you go past the mighty land rover defender. Its a diesel (are the FJ's yet?) It comes from a time before ergonomics and crumple zones. Goes anywhere, and if you are handy on the spanners parts can be had cheaply when buying direct from the UK.
I have to part with mine soon...
I may just cry a bit...

Don't tell anyone.
Land Rover gets a pass with me because it never pretended to be anything else. Truth be told, they are probably one of the most capable 4WDs you can own out of the box. As well as looking like a box. You wont catch Land Rover pandering to the North American market with a 'retro'. Sit in a modern Jeep, then sit in an FJ. The low roof and shit visibility styling cues are all there. Diesel? Aint they for 18 wheelers and pickups?
Stupid car. For its intended purpose, you'd be better off with a 97 Hilux with diff locks and not fretting for the paint work..

wide eyed and legless said:
Latest rumour is Jacqui Lambie and the Australian sex party are going to combine and make a new political party, the 'Lets have a party' party :D
Years ago when the ACT had self government forced on us, the clowns who run the show decided that for the 1st election anyone could form a political part and nominate at no cost at all.

This led to so many political parties being formed that the ballot paper still holds the world record for the largest ballot paper in history, and they had to employ people at each polling place to instruct voters on how to fold the ballot paper so it could fit in the ballot box.

My favourite party listed on the ballot paper was the party party party, Party

Sat down in front of the computer with my beer, and the cold tiled floor reminded me,, I forgot my thongs.

****, got up, got the boys out of the shower come back, no thongs.

Eagleburger said:
Sat down in front of the computer with my beer, and the cold tiled floor reminded me,, I forgot my thongs.

****, got up, got the boys out of the shower come back, no thongs.
Is that a euphemism for something else?

Just wondering.

Exile said:
Torrents? lol people still using them??
Come to the dark side where rule 1 is you dont talk about it ;)
And the second rule is make sure your virus protection is well up to date.

And rule three is don't search for something horrible just because you can. You will find it. Lots of it. What has been seen can never be unseen.

whiteferret said:
Is that a euphemism for something else?

Just wondering.
[SIZE=10.5pt]I think its existential blank verse commenting on the futility of modern existence[/SIZE]

Or he lost his thongs

Exile said:
Torrents? lol people still using them??
Come to the dark side where rule 1 is you dont talk about it ;)
Huh? I don't get it. How do I get there?

deathstar.jpg

Every month or so a post pops up here about making a hole in stainless. The amount of different answers confounds the shit out of me. I just made a 32mm hole in a relatively thick walled 92L pot with an 3 year old 32 mm hole saw (of all things) and trefolex. From the time the pilot drill hit the pot to the clunk of the cut out hitting the other side took no longer than the combined times of tracks 2 and 3 off the new Napalm Death record, i.e., **** all. Blade is still sharp, hole was cut clean. Maybe I need to offer my services at a extortionate rate for people who don't understand USE A HOLE SAW WITH A CUTTING COMPOUND AT A LOW RPM.

I'm getting flashbacks of monochrome screens, warbled screeching noises and 5 1/4 " boot disks.

jlm said:
Every month or so a post pops up here about making a hole in stainless. The amount of different answers confounds the shit out of me. I just made a 32mm hole in a relatively thick walled 92L pot with an 3 year old 32 mm hole saw (of all things) and trefolex. From the time the pilot drill hit the pot to the clunk of the cut out hitting the other side took no longer than the combined times of tracks 2 and 3 off the new Napalm Death record, i.e., **** all. Blade is still sharp, hole was cut clean. Maybe I need to offer my services at a extortionate rate for people who don't understand USE A HOLE SAW WITH A CUTTING COMPOUND AT A LOW RPM.
Amen to that brother. I recently saw tin of trefolex in the local engineering shop. EXACT same tin as when I was a 1st year apprentice 25yrs ago. You dont need a lot of it, but you do need it

Camo6 said:
I'm getting flashbacks of monochrome screens, warbled screeching noises and 5 1/4 " boot disks.
I think he's going back before floppy disks. Cassettes and a Commodore 64. How many cassettes are needed to download a Blu-ray copy of Apocalypse Now?

Latest posts

Back