C02 Regulators - Do Overseas One Fit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jye,

Mine seems to be the same, although I measured it a different way (measured keg contents pressure with a gauge).

I just use it to give the keg a hit of gas when needed and otherwise leave it turned all the way off.

Hope this helps :ph34r:

PZ.

Jye, are you sure it's not a fixed pressure regulator rather than just a valve?
I suspect it may be like some of the CIG Comet type of regs where they have a set output pressure (eg 200kPa) and you control the flow with some other type of inline valve (eg - flowmeter). Does it have any documentation or markings that would suggest this ?

Alternatively, if you have the nerves for it, you could connect it to your 601 and see just how far it goes...

It seems odd that they would just sell you a valve though.

I suspect it may be like some of the CIG Comet type of regs where they have a set output pressure (eg 200kPa) and you control the flow with some other type of inline valve (eg - flowmeter). Does it have any documentation or markings that would suggest this ?

Will have a look tonight to see if it has a set pressure and markings. Either way it isnt really suited for dispensing beer.

I don't think these regs have a set pressure, last night I took it up to about 400kPa and it was still wanting to increase (I wasn't brave enough to go any higher)

If anyone out there has a use for one of these send me a PM with an offer.

yes i think they are a valve, maybe more suited to welding

Has anyone had any problems with the $40 regualtors from the guy in taiwan I see he has them still for sale and was wondering if they are working no leaks Etc

Mine works great as a party reg, but not good for a "set & forget" system.

No leaks so far :)

PZ.

Fingerlickin_B why is it not any good for a set and forget system?

If you read through the last few pages you'll see that it is in fact just a valve with a bottle pressure gauge on it.

Good for giving a spurt of gas every now and then...but it won't actually regulate pressure :(

PZ.

Back