C02 Regulators - Do Overseas One Fit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimmysuperlative said:
...sage advice GMK (I hope you posted mine today?)

Will be posted when u put the money in my account - they are 22.50 ea plus postage... :ph34r:

For you will include free clamps for the gas line....
\ :super:

...a check valve would not have helped in this case!!

It was dropped (reg only) into a container of water -actually, half-caught it as it hit the water!

Just as a point of interest, after negotiations (in very simplified English) with the Taiwanese dude, he will now accept PayPal payments from us :D

PZ.

p.s. I know I'm not "one of the crew" yet, but by "us" I meant people in AU ;)

jimmysuperlative said:
...a check valve would not have helped in this case!!

It was dropped (reg only) into a container of water -actually, half-caught it as it hit the water!
[post="70753"][/post]​

For sure, man I hate that "I just f*cked up" feeling!

PZ.

MAH said:
I sent my money and still haven't received the reg yet. That was about a month ago. I've just written the money off :angry: .
[post="46829"][/post]​
jimmysuperlative said:
the time factor was worrying for me too ...but, after dealing with keg suppliers in the US I was ready for it to take some time.

...may have been about six weeks or more MAH !!
[post="46838"][/post]​

Looks like hes picked up his game since thenI used Buy It Now last Monday, but didnt pay until Thursday (I arranged the late payment with him via email before purchase), paid him via PayPal last Thursday and it arrived todaythats exactly one week :super:

PZ.

Top stuff, Fingers!!

... for a cheap reg, that's low profile ...and fairly durable (mine survived its bath) ...and keeps my good ones from getting damaged when I'm mobile ...I reckon this bloke is well worth the effort.

Well done on your pick-up! ;)

I would assume that his 5Kg Steel bottle would be (if not illegal to import), impossible to fill here???

Weblink

M :ph34r:

mandrakar said:
I would assume that his 5Kg Steel bottle would be (if not illegal to import), impossible to fill here???

Weblink

M :ph34r:
[post="72682"][/post]​

Import? No problem.

Fill? Forget it!

PZ.

Just a quick question....

When I try and look at the Taiwanese Ebay page, it is pretty much unreadable. Lots of squares and the like, and not much text. Is this an indication that I need to load some extra language support into my web browser, or is it a fact of life, when trying to negotiate a foreign ebay site???

M

mandrakar said:

When I try and look at the Taiwanese Ebay page, it is pretty much unreadable. Lots of squares and the like, and not much text. Is this an indication that I need to load some extra language support into my web browser, or is it a fact of life, when trying to negotiate a foreign ebay site???

M
[post="72754"][/post]​

I just copy the item number and load it in eBay.com.au

Still heaps of question marks all over the page, but enough in English that you can tell what's what.

PZ.

mandrakar said:

M
[post="72754"][/post]​

Following Fingerlickin_B's instructions, I have just "communicated" with this guy. All seems well and I have ordered one of these using Paypal for $45 including postage.

See how we go.

He was very quick to answer my initial email. Obviously getting used to these crazy aussies :)

Anyway for those interested, my email to him went like this:

CO2 Regulator. I purchase ebay item 7707545685?
Postage how much Australia, Canberra?
How do I make payment? Paypal?

thank you.

Did the trick with his reply being:

postage to the Australia $11aud,2---CO2 REGULATOR $22aud,3--paypal feed $2aud,4---tatol $45aud,5--you can use negative pervious paper package cash($42aud),set in envelope,
register post mail sent to me,the most economize
my address ... yada yada

Not sure of his maths, but based on all your feedback price seems pretty good.

Clicked the "Buy Now" option on the web page to complete the sale.

TIP: Grab the Item Number and head over to ebay.com (or ebay.com.au) and type it in there. You will get the page with more english!!

Payed using Paypal. Simple. Let's see when it arrives !!

Thanks again Fingerlicken_B :beer:

EDIT: Hey Fingerlicken_B, just realised you are a fellow Belconnen resident!!. Holy cow, fancy that. I am in Page. I'll have to give you a sampler or two for your advice :)

troywhite said:
Hey Fingerlicken_B, just realised you are a fellow Belconnen resident!!. Holy cow, fancy that. I am in Page. I'll have to give you a sampler or two for your advice :)
[post="72791"][/post]​

Hahaha, we probably even know each other and haven't figured it out yet :lol:

PZ.

Paypals a bonus !!

I sent him $45 cash in an envelope. Reg turned up 10 days later. Only issue was he got my address wrong so it arrived in OZ and went back, and then he sent it again. Still only 10 days.

So just make sure you email your address through clearly. Maybe put your surname in Capitals and underline.

good luck.

OK Guys,

Another 100% rap for this guy!!!!

The Reg I ordered on Saturday night turned up Friday morning. Awesome :D

I'm thinking of getting a tiny regulator from this guy for a portable setup, just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with this type. From what I have read the single gauge one seem to be fine but I would like to go as small as possible to hide it from drunken little fingers ;)

Hey troywhite, you said you payed by paypal, did he give you his details in his reply email?

Cheers

edit: better link

Ok, I got one of the reg with the gauge from this guy... no worries at all, a very smooth transaction.

BUT when I got it I wanted to test it out, so I connect the output of the reg up to the output of my 601 reg so I get an idea of how much I need to turn the knob to get the correct serving pressure. I turn the knob the tiniest way and watch the pressure gauge on the 601.... only to see it continually rise :blink: This isnt a reg it is just a valve.

Hasnt anyone else experienced this??? or have I just been screwed :angry:

Im not an expert, but i dont think it works like that. the gas bottle side is high pressure, while the outlet is low. having low pressure on the high (input) side i dont think would work. thats if i understood what your trying to do ....
:)

Cheers for your help redbeard but I don't think I explained it very well.

The new reg is hooked up to a sodastream cylinder and the output of it is connected via gas line to the output of the 601 reg which is on my fire extinguisher. With the 601 reg closed I should be able to open the new reg and see what pressure is in the gas line via the gauge on the 601... is that any clearer <_<

I have tried it the other way, closing the new reg and opening the 601 which works fine.

Jye,
In theory, that setup should give you an accuate pressure as long as the Harris regulator is a non-relieving type (i.e will vent an increase in pressure from downstream on the low-pressure side). I only mention that because one cheap regulator I have will vent from the low-pressure side if the difference between the setting and the actual pressure is greater than some set figure (about 6-8 psi).

Anyway what I have noticed on this cheaper regulator of mine is that if I set a value of say 10psi for dispensing, that it will slowly creep upwards over a number of hours to as high has 16-18 psi. Now this is not a problem if I am continually dispensing and the regulator is delivering gas, but once I stop, the problem starts. The drift is fairly slow, and apparently is termed "delivery presure creep" and is caused by equlisation of the pressure and internal spring forces when the flow stops (or also by contamination/dirt in the regulator). Over the course of a night dispensing kegs it is a minor annoyance and I might "reset" the pressure once, but if I were to try force carbonating at 12psi for 3 days, well the regulator will gets up to around 20psi (where it stabilises).

So without having experience with the regulator you got, it may be something similar to what I've got - great at delivering a certain pressure, as long as there is gas flow. So if the pressure creep isn't too fast, and it is only for your portable system you may have to do what I do and vent the kegs once or twice over the course of the night. If the pressure is however not creeping, rather "running" upwards, then I can only say that is bad luck, maybe some dirt preventing the regulator diaphragm sealing properly? (looks unservicible anyway) Best of luck

Cheers DarrylB

In theory, that setup should give you an accuate pressure as long as the Harris regulator is a non-relieving type (i.e will vent an increase in pressure from downstream on the low-pressure side). I only mention that because one cheap regulator I have will vent from the low-pressure side if the difference between the setting and the actual pressure is greater than some set figure (about 6-8 psi).

I believe the 601 is a non-relieving type since I can set it to say 10 psi and then close the reg and the pressure will not drop.

If the pressure is however not creeping, rather "running" upwards

Unfortunately it runs up in a matter of seconds :angry:

I would really like to hear from some of the other guys that have bought this reg and their experience.

Latest posts

Back