Mykegonlegs With Usa Co2 Regulator?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortman

Reaction score
Hi there I have just recently bought a mykegonlegs Co2 cylinder (nice product), has Australian standards - tap/nipple(not sure of the thread size) . I have a USA regulator with a CGA 320 defined thread, that I picked up in the States early last year - cheap and thought it might come in handy for my future project. Any way the reg obviously doesn't fit the tank! Is there any adaptor, combination of gas fittings that would mate the two together? Is there a fitter/turner who could make an adaptor up? Should I just scrap the idea? Live in Sydney, any help in pointing me to a solution would be greatly appreciated
Chris

Take to Pirtek and they will make you an adapter

Pumpy :)

Or get an old clapped out regulator and screw off the shank and nut that adapts to the bottle. I think nearly all regulators have 1/4" BSP threads in the body of the regulators. So you could just screw one off an Aussie reg and screw it on your reg.

Otherwise you'll need to get an adapter from somewhere.

FWIW I have adapter an oxygen regulator with a different bottle fitting so it mates with my dive bottle. I now have a big source of compressed air for my air brushing :)

Good luck with sorting out your adapter.

Cheers, JD

Hi Pumpy and JD, thanks for those suggestions I will try Pirtek first as I don't have a junked reg hanging around. I'll let you know how I go.
By the way you don't know where I could find a reg that's not working?

Thanks again
mortman :beer:

Some crappy dodgey ones come up on ebay sometimes. Or ask at a welding store etc. You might get somewhere.

Not quite what you were after, but I have found that my US regulator seems to fit most new CO2 fire extinguishers without modification.

mortman said:
Hi there I have just recently bought a mykegonlegs Co2 cylinder (nice product), has Australian standards - tap/nipple(not sure of the thread size) . I have a USA regulator with a CGA 320 defined thread, that I picked up in the States early last year - cheap and thought it might come in handy for my future project. Any way the reg obviously doesn't fit the tank! Is there any adaptor, combination of gas fittings that would mate the two together? Is there a fitter/turner who could make an adaptor up? Should I just scrap the idea? Live in Sydney, any help in pointing me to a solution would be greatly appreciated
Chris
[post="127152"][/post]​

Hi Chris,

Glad you are happy with the cylinder, I might have some nuts from old broken regs we can remove.

Ping me an email through the website www.mykegonlegs.com.au with your details and if I have one I can just post it to you (no cost)

I had the same issue a few years back with a reg from the States and that is how I fixed it.

Cheers,

Mark.

Latest posts

Back