Portable Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drowro

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So I bought this regulator a long time to get ready for a portable setup. I forgot I had it, and have re started the project. Problem is I don't know what type of regulator it is. I thought I bought it off a bulk buy here but alas can't find the old thread.

I remember it was good for both 16g bombs as well as soda stream bottles. I think the attachment in the picture is for the Soda Stream. The bottom section or the reg where the 16g co2 bomb goes does not have a spike in it to release the gas once you screw it in so is there another attachment for this?

I was hoping someone might have one of these and tell me how they use it for the small CO2 bombs or how they setup it up with the soda stream gas cylinder attached.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

Looks perzactly the same as mine, except you have an extra fitting screwed into the regulator. If you take that out, will the 16gm screw into the butt of the reg? If so, the spike should be up inside the regulator ready to break the seal, so to speak.

Yep, I have one of those, I use a soda stream bottle. They work well for portable setups. If it is like mine then as it is setup in the photo it will take a small bulb. If you remove the silver ring fitting it will allow it to screw onto a standard bottle or onto a soda stream adaptor.

Thanks Outback and dblunn for your replies. I finally got the silver ring removed to find the spike was covered by a rather large thick silicon o-ring. I am thinking however that the spike will need some sort of silicon ring around it to seal the bulb against the spike. Or maybe just run some thread tape around the bulb fitting may be enough.
I'll do a couple of tests and see what happens.

Again appreciate your help.

Just had a look at mine. It certainly appears to have a silicone gasket/washer surrounding the spike.

Back