C02 Regulators - Do Overseas One Fit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMK said:
Dual gauge

One gauge reads the pouring pressure.
Other Gauge reads how much is left in the CO2 Gas Bottle.
[post="47054"][/post]​

Actually, the other gauge reads the pressure of the CO2 bottle, not how much is left.

To measure how much is left you'd be better weighing it when bought, and then periodically weighing again.

So is there really any need for the 2nd guage or can you get away with just one guage

sintax

"you can use negative pervious paper package cash($42AUD),set in envelope,

I trade with asian companys on a daily basis & my translation would be as follows:

you can use, no credit card, cash ($42AUD) sent by mail.

You decipher by looking at each individual word, as he's probably used a translation dictionary. then try & work it out
i.e. negative = no. pervious = previous = credit. paper = card etc...

i personally find asking yes/no questions a disaster as they seem to answer "yes" to almost everything - lol.

No guarentee I'm right though; but my 2c worth anyway.... :D

As Confucious says - man with hole in pocket, feel cocky all day.... B)

"negative pervious paper package cash($42AUD),set in envelope"

Ross - Took your advise and looked up "pervious" in dictiponary and it sort of means "see through" - (very sort of if you stretch teh imagination!!)

So based on that I think he means:

put, (or fold), cash in non see-through paper and wack in an envelope.

I also had a look on the Aust Post site and postage to Taiwan is $2 for non registered or $10 for registered. So the reg woudl cost $44 if you took the risk with non registered post or $52 with registered post. Add $3 to those prices as you woudl probably have to send him $45 to stay with "paper" money.

$47 for a regs not bad - though at $55 you are getting up towards VIC Fittings price - and that comes with no risk.

Though - if he can sell a reg for $21 plus postage - you wonder why we pay so much in OZ for one. ????

Quick update

Sent this guy $42 in a "negative pervious paper package cash($42AUD),set in envelope"

and 10 days later the reg turns up from Taiwan nicely packed.

Swaped a few emails with him during the eBay transaction and he always came back quick with answers.

Not a bad little unit. As per Jimmy's post a few back - this el cheapo can come to parties and GMK's "Harris" unit can stay at home safe & sound.

In my opinion - worth a $42 risk if anyones interested in a cheap second reg.

If we could only find out where he gets them from we could bring a few in at a time. If he can sell them for A$21, then a bulk buy would be interesting - even if we did get hit with duty and GST.......

Cheers - Richard.

I bought an american regulator from kegworks.com. It doesn't fit our bottles, the first bottle i got from BOC i ruined by trying to wrench the thing on to hard (BOC just swapped the bottle over :) My mate uses it now, and it works because he's stuffed half a dozen washers in the fitting and only tightened it a little bit. If you do choose a Us reg, it will cost you $27 from BOC for the proper fitting. Good luck

You will find though that the US regs will fit the Soda stream bottles properly, i.e they are both CGA320 threads. Of course you can get an aussie regulator to fit (very sloppy) or get an adaptor machined up. But I figure for $40AUS for a second regulator that can stay with my soda stream bottles is a pretty good deal. The regulator I finished up with just needed a 7mm piece of 4mm diamter rod to depress the button the on the soda stream, and I didn't need to make pressure fitting adaptors (altho Hoops' example looks pretty good).

That said, to remove the bottle fitting off the regulator (often epoxied on) is not worth the hassle given the availability of local regulators for $80!

Oh well, twas fun investigating all the options. Just gotta wait for my kegs to arrive now

I don't have any drama fitting my north american made reg to my boc bottle, actually its a perfect fit! its a NABS.

Jayse

DarrylB said:
You will find though that the US regs will fit the Soda stream bottles properly, i.e they are both CGA320 threads. Of course you can get an aussie regulator to fit (very sloppy) or get an adaptor machined up. But I figure for $40AUS for a second regulator that can stay with my soda stream bottles is a pretty good deal.

A second regulator for A$40 is cheaper than what the local HBS charges for the adaptor <_<

TL

jayse said:
I don't have any drama fitting my north american made reg to my boc bottle, actually its a perfect fit! its a NABS.
Jayse
[post="52909"][/post]​

Hey Jayse,
Are you referring to NADS regulators? Can you remember where you bought yours? I didn't know that NADS regs were a good fit with BOC / Aussie CO2 bottles?

I'm currently looking at either buying a dual guage reg from GMK or a dual outlet reg from the US so I can have two kegs on the gas at the same time... :beer:
Cheers,
TL

Trough Lolly said:
jayse said:
Jayse
[post="52909"][/post]​

I'm currently looking at either buying a dual guage reg from GMK or a dual outlet reg from the US so I can have two kegs on the gas at the same time... :beer:
Cheers,
TL
[post="53865"][/post]​

Just get a "T" John Guest fitting or two.
Have as many kegs as you want.

Normell

Thanks for that Normell :)

I read a pdf on John Guest fittings here:
http://www.psifilters.com.au/How%20speed%20fit%20works.pdf

Question: If I bought the T piece, wouldn't that mean that both kegs would be equally pressurised via the one regulator? I suppose the only way around that would be to buy a secondary regulator?

It looks like the ways of blowing one's hard earned loot are endless with this hobby, eh?! :huh:

TL

Hey TL - you only need a second reg (or a double reg) if you want to run your kegs at two different pressures. If, like most of us, you are happy to have them both at the same pressure just put a T piece in the gas line. Much cheaper.

If you are pedantic about carbonation levels and likely to have, say, a stout anda weissbier on tap at the same time you'll want separate regulation - but my suggestion would be to leave this for a while, it sounds like you've got other demands on your cash at the moment!

Yeah, thanks Wortgames, I think I need to get the high priority stuff first and then look at the sexier gear later on!
I have a SS barbed T piece and some SS hose clips laying around somewhere that would probably do the trick for two kegs...

Cheers,
TL

jimmysuperlative said:
Bought one on ebay before Christmas ...brand new single gauge Co2 regulator.

Cost me $40 including postage. :eek:

Came from Taiwan! Working well ...so far! ;)

I see the bloke is advertising again!! Language barrier/email was a bit tricky :blink:

ebay link to follow
[post="46699"][/post]​

Like this?
4b_1_b.JPG

I'm thinking of buying one this week :)

PZ.

I'm impatient, so I bought one anyway!

Here's hoping :beerbang:

PZ.

Fingerlickin_B ...that's the one I have!

It goes well (although I got some water in the gauge last time I used it) on my sodastream bottle with one of Hoops' adapters.
It also fits my co2 cylinder and my fire extinguisher no probs. ;)

There is a fiddly little hose connector -designed for aquarium tubing- which I removed and replaced with a push-connect fitting to take my gas line.

I'm very happy with it ...just hope it still works after its recent bath!! :blink:

Jimmy

Buy a One Way check Valve to protect the reg.

Beautiful newsand I wouldve considered a check valve to be a given in any system? (car dude showing through here :D )

PZ.

Latest posts

Back