BRY 97

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAC

Reaction score
Pitched as per instructions 20 hrs ago and still nothing.
Temp con fridge, wort @ 18'c. 1.051 O.G used it before with no trouble, vac seal packet.
I'll give it a couple more hours & then
Good stir?? Re-pitch ??
Any thoughts?

Patience my brother - this yeast is well known for a long lag time. Give it at least 48 hrs before you consider anything

tilt said:
Patience my brother - this yeast is well known for a long lag time. Give it at least 48 hrs before you consider anything
thank's tilt, I let her be for a tad longer.
Can't recall wether it was notto or 97 that was going by this time/last.

DAC said:
Pitched as per instructions 20 hrs ago and still nothing.
Temp con fridge, wort @ 18'c. 1.051 O.G used it before with no trouble, vac seal packet.
I'll give it a couple more hours & then
Good stir?? Re-pitch ??
Any thoughts?
I know you said, as per instructions - but not clarify...

Hydrated?
Oxygenated wort?

even hydrated yeast and oxygenated wort, I can be waiting 48+ hours for this one to start going... especially 16-18*C ... watched pot never boils is my mantra with bry-97

Spiesy said:
I know you said, as per instructions - but not clarify...

Hydrated?
Oxygenated wort?
My thoughts also. Never had a problem with this yeast, never been slow to start, always clean produces great beer. Do you pitch 1g/Litre as recommended??

Screwy

tilt said:
Never longer than 24Hrs here!!!!!!!

So, when you say there's nothing happening, how are you gauging this? Airlock activity or hydrometer reading or krausen not climbing out the airlock trying to have it's way with the family pooch?

If it's causing you to lose sleep, dizziness from pacing the hallway in circles etc, then a hydrometer reading in 2 days time will reveal all is well in the cylindrical kingdom of yeast. until then, rest, have a home brew and relax.

Never really got this meme thing but this seems appropriate.

keep-calm-its-bry97-.png

Good info fella's, yes it was rehydrated & wort was chugged, slashed into fermenter from cube.
But was only 1 packet for 23lt of 1.051.
Would it be to late to add another?
My concern was no krausen activity(glad wrap)

BRY97Dosage_zps35518f9b.png

Ready.......... Fire..........Aim!

Next time follow the instructions.

Screwy

Agree Scewtop, always been under the adoption 1pk is enough unless going over 1.060OG.
I do have another pk, worth throwing in now ??
There is pressure building under glad wrap ATM.

I've usually only pitched a single pack when gravity is under 1050, anything north of that can better with a double pack.

Take a reading, if it's dropping stick with it, if it's not, rehydrate and pitch and aerate again... Well, it's what I'd do anyway.

Cheers

Yob, sounds good. I'll take a reading in the morn.
Cheers every 1.

Do it as soon as you can, if you are going to pitch more you don't want active fermentation to kick off, you want it to be still in growth

I've usually only pitched a single pack when gravity is under 1050, anything north of that can better with a double pack.
Without wanting to upset anyone :D I tend to go with the above even though I have yet to give BRY-97 a try.
Have used a single pack of Notto for yonks in brews under 1050 no problems (Rehydrating as instructed) & what with BRY-97 being from the same stable with the same instructions can't see why the same results wouldn't apply?

Just my 2 cents.

TidalPete said:
Without wanting to upset anyone :D I tend to go with the above even though I have yet to give BRY-97 a try.
Have used a single pack of Notto for yonks in brews under 1050 no problems (Rehydrating as instructed) & what with BRY-97 being from the same stable with the same instructions can't see why the same results wouldn't apply?

Just my 2 cents.
Agree with ya Pete, and Notto showing results in around 8-12 hours.

Why would you bother?

Back