Brewtech SS fermenting vessels discussion thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im having issues with both my ss brewbuckets tap ball valve and racking adapter. On one bucket I cant turn the tap/adapter in any direction without loosening the nut and causing a leak.
The other brewbucket can turn clockwise a little but still loosens. Can anyone please share how the installed theirs, and how tight they make it thanks.

Shibby said:
Im having issues with both my ss brewbuckets tap ball valve and racking adapter. On one bucket I cant turn the tap/adapter in any direction without loosening the nut and causing a leak.
The other brewbucket can turn clockwise a little but still loosens. Can anyone please share how the installed theirs, and how tight they make it thanks.
I had the same issue. I bought some silicone o rings off ebay and use them in place of the outer o ring. They are thicker and softer than the original so they seal perfectly and allow the tap to turn easily. I still use the genuine o ring on the inside of the bucket. I don't tend to use the racking arm anymore as I had it block with yeast or misalign too many times.

Can't remember the size of the o ring but they were the same diameter as the original but atleast twice the thickness.

Hi Shibby

I would suggest some food grade lube too.

I have the racking adapter for the sanitary fittings on my chronical7 and it turns so much better if there is some lube on the sanitary fittings and orings.

Cammo6
I always turn the racking arm to face down during the ferment and then up if required when racking. Never had a blockage yet.
James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For food grade lube it's worth mentioning the 'Skerra' lube that national homebrew sells (not sure if others do), literally is THE LUBE TO BEAT ALL LUBES! Hahah, did I say that out loud?

Anyway, it's so good you hardly need any and it lasts even in mechanical seals or seals with lots of movement (ie. keg posts, keg lids, poppers, brew bucket tap orings)... you get the drift!

I'm thinking about buying either the Brewbucket or Brewmaster Bucket.

With the Brewmaster version, I don't really want the thermometer thingo, but would like to access the thermowell for the probe from my temp controller. I assume that's what most people do with it?

And/or are people just happy with the Brewbucket version and taping a temp probe to the side with a little insulation?

I use my brewbucket digital indicator because it is more accurate than the probe that came with mt STC-1000.

Both were compared against a thermopen,the ferm fridge just controls the temperature to a bucket of water the STC

probe sits in and I adjust until the brewbucket is at right reading.

Hi
I have the Chronical7 but the thermo well is probably identical.
I actually use a brewpi to control the fridge for fermentation. The brewpi has many temp sensors of the one-wire type. I got one of the probes and put thermo pase in the thermo well and then pushed the probe down to the end and then silicone to seal the end. This then sits in the side and the temp is of the liquid in the chronical7. There are also temp of the inside of the fridge and ambient.

I have a Thermopen and know the temp is within .2 of a degree but the point is repetition as much as accuracy in this application. The DS18B20 are generally very good at repetition and accuracy

Thermo wells can be purchased locally and fitted. The Chronical came with one but not with the actual temp gauge.

As mentioned before i changed most of the accessories on my Chonical7

Love it though

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Due to personal circumstances (wife and I separated in Feb), I've been splurging quite a bit this year.
I can't really afford it but I got the 64L chronical fermenter on order.
Material things make me happy...... [emoji53]

I can't even brew where I've been living for the last 10 months.

At least now I can follow threads like this......

Tramadol keeping me up tonight [emoji15]

So I've been tossing up whether to purchase the brewmaster brew bucket.... I've just been given a Tilt Brewometer, so I no longer really need the temp gauge to check the temp.

Is it worth still getting the one with the thermowell to plug in my temp control, or should I just buy the brew bucket with no thermowell and save myself $65?

I find if I tighten my thermowell into position with a spanner as I believe the instructions suggest, the o ring warps out of position, but finger tightening seems to do the trick.

So I finally got my brewbucket, and am too impatient to wait for the steel shelf I plan to put in my small fermenting fridge so I don't have room for a blow-off tube just yet. First brew is in with clingwrap over the top, looks very schmick!

Just about to buy the SS 17G conical, getting pretty excited!
Who's got them? Are they as good as they look? Pros, cons?

I've got the 14gal and it is absolutely brilliant for my needs. Have done single batches and doubles of 46L with no worries.
With being able to remove the trub and yeast from the bottom tap I have been able to produce beautifully clear beer without using any clearing agents at all.

Cheers

Black Devil Dog said:
There's a 14 gal Brewbucket on the way.

I've already got 2, 7 gals and I'm tossing up whether to grab another couple of 7s or go the 14.

Pros and cons with both for me.
I rarely ever brew single batches which is why I'm going for the 17g conical, usually brew about 50-55L at a time so the brewbucket was not big enough for me but I guess it depends on the individual, how much room you have and how much you brew at once!

Latest posts

Back