Brewcraft Becks Style Larger Fermenter Stuck?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get it to 1016, you are probably safe to bottle. The difference is that the brew may start fermenting again in the bottle and either become overfizzed or explode (yes even plastic can explode). It will also taste a bit sweeter but not stupidly so at that range.

If you can buy some tubing, transferring the brew to a second fermenter is often enough to rouse it and get it to drop those last couple of points. The other trick is to add more active yeast but if you can get it down to 1016, I wouldn't bother.

The reading has got down to 1016 ofter 18 days and I have bottled it. It does looks nice and clear and doesn't taste too bad so we will see how it turns out in a few weeks.

In my HBS defense I think there were some crossed wires. We were talking about my setup and using my converted fridge to get the temperatures down but I did not tell them I would be fermenting this particular kit at those temps. Also when I looked up the Nottingham yeast it did say it could be fermented at low temps but I was probably outside their ideal range.

I will put this one down to experience and my noobishness.

Next is a Heineken kit this time I'm using 2 x 11g packs of Saflager-23 and ferment at 10/12 degrees. I may even have a go at rinsing the yeast when I'm finished after getting some advice from Wolfy. Awesome post on how here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=55409

Latest posts

Back