Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon Pat the cheapest way would be to buy the Braumeister malt pipe, if you have to get one rolled and welded as a one off it will cost big dollars, is there any reason you couldn't use the BM malt pipe?

That might be the way I end up going. But I've been told by a couple of places that they don't stock them and if they can get them it will be months to get one in.

Just trying to see if I can re-purpose something already available.

A suggestion Pat would be to source a tube from overseas, I bought my BM from a retailer in Germany saved myself a lot of money, no gst and the freight was only 80 euro, the box was a replica of a Tiger tank no damage whatsoever, depends how they ship the spares.Wouldn't hurt to drop them an email to find out may even be able to get one direct.

I was looking on aliexpress for possible fermenting pots and found these pots:

http://www.aliexpres...1464526416.html

or: http://www.aliexpres...1167198269.html

Ideal malt pipe sizes for a double/ larger brau size - The milk tea ones they said $110 for 30cmD x 50cm tall delivered - be great for those wanting a taller malt pipe and already using the BigW pipe (depends on actual ID of course... but one more plate to up the capacity isn't that much of a hassle in my mind.)

Awesome to see some perfect malt-pipe sized pots. I'm asking about some large ones (35x60) now - I would be tempted to see if they can do the same diameter shorter so that you can use one set of plates, and toss the BigW pot. Also going to ask if they can make / source a perf steel disc for the inside - that should be interesting...

djar007 said:
Have you thought about a local fabricator making a decent one for you?
Hey djar - was that to me? If so - yes! But as wide eyed pointed out above - it's expensive FAST. I think the off-hand ballpark was something like 300. I'll be in touch with him tomorrow and can check - but pretty sure that was around right.

I bought an original malt pipe from Grain and Grape in Melbourne. It was $130 + postage and took only 2 weeks to arrive. Call and talk to Chris.

easydoesit said:
I am still looking for a cheaper option to the chugger pump that I can source in the US. I came across this on on ebay, what do you'd think.

Food grade, 600L/H, 3.8 M head, good to 100C.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-High-Quality-DC-12V-Magnetic-Electric-Centrifugal-Water-Pump-Hot-New-ES9P-/281238316124?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Thanks
Jim
I'm not sure... as per : http://kaixinpump.en.alibaba.com/product/672662526-213880370/MP_15RM_High_temperature_resistant_magnetic_pump.html the only thing to do is to bite the bullet, buy one and report back... someone here in aus took a chance, tried it - turned out to be good - lots of us got them. It looks very very similar to the little brown pump that lots of people got - which may work well, or may break depending on what you get. I would recommend getting a kaixin and biting the bullet on the cost - or get the chugger or march pump - most people here would buy a march if shipping was not so $$ I suspect.

With the kaixins you might find that buying 2 has similar shipping to 1 pump... if that helps at all.

Cheers,

Lael

Do you purchase the Kaixin pump from alibaba? I have never purchased from there, but I noticed minimum order of 50. How does this work?

Thanks

easydoesit said:
Do you purchase the Kaixin pump from alibaba? I have never purchased from there, but I noticed minimum order of 50. How does this work?

Thanks
You can ask for a sample when buying from Alibaba, but shipping one over may cost more than what you could get it from KK for.

Easy
AliExpress is the more retail side of Alibaba
I got 3 Kaixins ...came to about $62 each from memory
Long wait ... typically about 4 weeks but the dealers don't get the dollars until you acknowledge you have the product in your hands ... good buyer protection
Had a many a thing (electronics, meters, SS fittings, pumps, more electronics, Arduinoo boards and compatible stuff, etc) bought from this site while building my Braumiser one minor wrong product (bunch of LED's)... new ones sent out as soon as I brought it up no return, no charge. and one other wrong product ... (wrong voltage on a temp controller) money returned immediately no product return ... ordered again
so cheap and reliable if you can wait

So I brewed for the first time with the updated controller (from PIC to brauduino) last monday, great brewday everything went smoothly

cheers steve

matho said:
So I brewed for the first time with the updated controller (from PIC to brauduino) last monday, great brewday everything went smoothly

cheers steve
Any different?

Sorry to go off topic a bit here but i was wondering if anyone else had any luck with any other pots other than the big w stock pot?

I tried to get get one in-store today and was told they had none and went looking like getting any back in, when i checked online there not available there or at any other store apart from whats on the floor by the looks of it.

livetoride said:
Sorry to go off topic a bit here but i was wondering if anyone else had any luck with any other pots other than the big w stock pot?

I tried to get get one in-store today and was told they had none and went looking like getting any back in, when i checked online there not available there or at any other store apart from whats on the floor by the looks of it.
What size are you after? Any 30cm x 30cm pot will do (probably slightly larger and better than Big W...

Cheers lael just remembered that the big w pot was the most quoted so I thought that was the best! Ill have a look around my local stores to find a suitable replacment!

Hey Everyone,
was feeling a bit motivated yesterday doing 50 Pale 50 Wheat Hefeweizen. Made short vid of my rig in action on youtube for anyone whos interested.
Was filmed in hd but had to dumb it down a little to put it up

Let me know what you think

Last edited by a moderator:
Back