bottling deferral

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrell

Reaction score
Hi,

My brew is ready to bottle, finished 3 days ago. I wont have time to bottle tonight pre vacation so will have to wait 2 weeks. Its in a fridge at 18 degrees. Am i better to 1) leave at 18 degs for the next 2 weeks or 2) cold crash.

Thanks.

I'd cold crash, but that's just me.

I did this sort of thing all the time, I'd cold crash and use it as storage - never had a problem but not claiming it's best practice either.

is there a limit to how long you can cold crash? eg if al the yeast drops might not be abel to carb up in the bottle

According to the Yeast book there's a threshold of so many millions of yeasties per ml where the human eye can't discern the beer from pure filtered beer, but the beasts are still there in droves. I've had crystal clear looking beer carb up nicely after a week or so in the bottle.

Cold condition as well, put everything to sleep till you get home.

Yep i've CC'd for two weeks and had no issues when work has gotten in the way of more important things.

Cheers.

I've cced three months and it still cared up just as quick

I was just wondering something similar actually. What if you have done a dry hop? I've got 45g of galaxy in the fermenter and I'm a little worried it might get grassy.... What do ya recon? Probably only be a week or so

I would avoid dry hopping galaxy for an extended period. Keeping it cold apparently (according to what I have read on here) slows down the grassy flavour. Also, supposedly flowers give less grassy flavour than pellets, so plan accordingly.

From my personal experience stick with less than a week for galaxy.

Back