Beerfest 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:beerbang: :beerbang: Two more beer bangs for Jye too.

Forum members did well. There's others there but I'm not sure who they are. Well done also. B)

Warren -

Woohoo, 1st place pale ale!

That was my case beer from the NSW xmas swap. I'm glad now there were a couple of drop outs in the swap which gave me spare bottle to send.

Well done to the other prize winners, are there many AHBers on the list?

Woohoo, 1st place pale ale!

That was my case beer from the NSW xmas swap. I'm glad now there were a couple of drop outs in the swap which gave me spare bottle to send.

Well done to the other prize winners, are there many AHBers on the list?

Nice work goatherder :beerbang: Just checked your recipe out and you cant go wrong with a bit of hopbursting :chug:

Left hand side - results tab

All yours Jye.

Warren -

Cheers Warren, the results tab isnt showing up for me <_<

I guess the judges didnt like my 100 IBU oaked Imperial Porter :D cant wait to see the judges notes LOL

Just got on line and saw this. Woohoo! Better celebrate with a beer on the beach. :chug:

Well done, goatherder. That was definitely a yummy beer. :super:

Just got on line and saw this. Woohoo! Better celebrate with a beer on the beach. :chug:

Well done, goatherder. That was definitely a yummy beer. :super:

Hey Stu you didn't do too badly with the IIPA as well ;) Good work on the Saison.

Sure was a lot of APA's entered, well done Goat.

I placed 10th in pale ales for my third ever AG! pretty stoked with that!
First time in comp too.

Hopefully soon? :) Could use the comments, I'm currently reworking a few beers I had judged.

Well there is two things you could do with your sassy red clone... 1. More Hops (always more hops). 2. Get it red :p

Otherwise its an f'ing awsome beer even if it don't have a real catagory. You still want my stout recipe??

Still waiting...... :)

pm it, or better yet pm me the forum so I can steal all your recipes!

I found Sassy Red over here at my local, bought a carton, and after drinking my "ode" for so long, was greatly dissapointed with the lack of hops!! Though in it's defense the Macs was a lot more balanced... and I guess 10g/L isn't particularly cost effective.

Brewing it again tomorrow/monday with more saaz, less crystal, and I'm even considering less overall hops......... :eek:

*edit formatting

Congrats on the gold btw ;)

Anyone know when they're going to announce Anachi as "champeen novice"?

Well there is two things you could do with your sassy red clone... 1. More Hops (always more hops). 2. Get it red :p

Otherwise its an f'ing awsome beer even if it don't have a real catagory. You still want my stout recipe??

Just compared the two side by side (with a witness), and it turns out mine's more red than Macs'. The Macs is a golden amber-red, whilst mine is deep red/dark ruby. And mine has more hops..... but that was a given.

Haha... Nice!
Well i guess all that time apart from the Sassy just made you think she was better looking than she really was;)

Any news on when the judges notes will be sent out?

From the website: "Judging scoresheets will be returned to entrants by approximately the end of March 2007."

Cheers Malnourished

Im not very happy about the 5-6 week wait :angry: :angry:

Latest posts

Back