Melbourne Brewers' Beerfest 2018 (Vic)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One minor gripe, There is no address details for the Brewer's Den on Compmaster.

Also, are the entries stored cold from the closing date?

Address for Brewer's Den (address: 253 Dorset Road, Boronia, VIC3155) is on Compmaster. It is in the drop down scroll bar, please go to "This Competition", then go to "Show Competition Instructions".

Otherwise, please go to Melbourne Brewers website, link: https://melbournebrewers.org/beerfest/beerfest-2018/

Entries are stored in undercroft garage / cellar, 13-17 degree Celsius year round.
:

Just to remind that entry pick up from the home brew shops will be on 10 February, 12pm. Please don't miss the timing if you plan to enter the comp.
Then they will be sorted and stored in garage / cellar (13-17 degree Celsius) for two weeks, and ready for judging on 24 - 25 February 2017.

Not all the categories listed on the melbournebrewers website are listed as options on compmaster? Is it just me?
Looking for the Specialty Beer : Winter Seasonal Beer

Not all the categories listed on the melbournebrewers website are listed as options on compmaster? Is it just me?

You are right! Will fix it asap. Please let you know once it is done.

I think you've got a mis-calculation in the price for multiple entries.

The first entry is full price, but all subsequent entries should be at the reduced ($8.00) price. The first 2 entries are showing full price, and only the 3rd is at the reduced price.

I'm not pissing over $2, but it should be calculating correctly for everybody.

T1fB3Jt.png

I think you've got a mis-calculation in the price for multiple entries.

The first entry is full price, but all subsequent entries should be at the reduced ($8.00) price. The first 2 entries are showing full price, and only the 3rd is at the reduced price.

I'm not pissing over $2, but it should be calculating correctly for everybody.

T1fB3Jt.png
that's the correct price "$10 for the first two entries $8 for any additional entries under the same name" "Multiple Entry Discount (applicable after first two entries)"

that's the correct price "$10 for the first two entries $8 for any additional entries under the same name" "Multiple Entry Discount (applicable after first two entries)"
Ahh, my mistake.

I assumed the same as previous years, where first entry was $10, then all subsequent entries at the reduced price.

Fixed! You should be able to see Winter Seasonal Beer now.

Entries 212 and 214 have been cancelled - which were paid for...which is fine
Entries 211 and 213 were mine but scrubbed and not paid for

just a heads up coz I know you guys hate having missing beers

Entries 212 and 214 have been cancelled - which were paid for...which is fine
Entries 211 and 213 were mine but scrubbed and not paid for

just a heads up coz I know you guys hate having missing beers

Don't quite understand what are you saying. Did you cancelled all four entries? Two were paid, and two not?

sorry

I put my beers in to their categories on compmaster and had entries 211-214
I went to transfer entry 211 into a bottle and it blew foam as the keg was warm, same thing with 213, so I cancelled those entries
the I paid for the other two, which had been bottled cold and were ok
then they sat at work yesterday in a glorified shed at ambient 35dC+ and would be sent today Aus Post in 36-38dC temp - I have only ever sent entries by mail but thought the high temp wont be doing the beer any favours at all

so 211, 212, 213 and 214 will not be there, I figure you would be looking for the paid entries at least, the $20 paid I will look at as a donation

so 211, 212, 213 and 214 will not be there, I figure you would be looking for the paid entries at least, the $20 paid I will look at as a donation

I see. No worries. We will refund. Are the entries under your name, Jon?

Okay, done. We've issued a refund through Paypal. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

Can anyone provide any further details about this weekend? Eg start and closing time, demonstration schedule etc

Can anyone provide any further details about this weekend? Eg start and closing time, demonstration schedule etc

Judging will take place all day on Saturday and Sunday morning. 9am start both days. There will be a brewing demo all day on Saturday. One of the members will be doing 2 full brews. One from 9am-1pm and a second from 1pm-5pm. So if you are interested in seeing how an all grain brew is done or wanting to learn a few tricks or even if you just enjoy having a beer with the aroma of the mash and other beer enthusiasts, then come on down. Everyone is welcome!

Latest posts

Back