BEERFEST 2024

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth GP is running the comp is beyond me!

Not sure what's intended by that comment. Feels a bit like a personal attack.

I'll take it on the chin though... Plenty of feedback for the club to consider for next year.

I'm not actually running the comp. My role has been to co-ordinate prizes... Actual hands on involvement in the running will be minimal. ( I may get there to assist with judging/stewarding)

Entries look like they are about 115... Good luck to those that entered.

Not sure what's intended by that comment. Feels a bit like a personal attack.

I'll take it on the chin though... Plenty of feedback for the club to consider for next year.

I'm not actually running the comp. My role has been to co-ordinate prizes... Actual hands on involvement in the running will be minimal. ( I may get there to assist with judging/stewarding)

Entries look like they are about 115... Good luck to those that entered.
More tongue in cheek, love to know how many individuals entered though and how many of those are club members. Good luck to all the entrants anyhow.

BEERFEST 2024 judging was completed on the weekend.

Full results are here

https://beerfest.melbournebrewers.org/

I will pass on feedback from this thread about us getting the promotion out earlier next year. But it is good to see we did get a fairly decent spread of entries from both in and outside of the club itself.

In the six main categories 56 out of 91 entries where from outside the club

And also great to see many of the other clubs get on board with judging 23 out of 33 judges were from outside of Melbourne Brewers

Congratulations to all the winners - some great prizes are coming your way.

The two big brewing opportunity prizes go to

BEST BREWER - John Keske of Melbourne Brewers will get a chance to do a collaborative brew with Killer Sprocket
STRONG ALE & LAGER - Paul Verbeek of Merri Mashers will get the chance to brew his winning recipe with KAIJU

I haven't visited this website for a long time, but some members brought this post to my attention.

As the chief organizer of Beerfest, I would like to clarify some things. The Melbourne Brewers have been hosting Beerfest at the end of February for the past 30 years. The categories and dates for this year's competition were announced in mid-November, three months before the competition. We made posts on Facebook, the Melbourne Brewers' website, The Vicbrew website and our Substack newsletter. Although I was a bit late in putting up the physical posters this year, I believe they were posted at Grain and Grape and Keg King before Christmas. (As a side note, I brewed all my competition beers after the announcements went out.)

This year's competition had a great turnout, with entries from 48 brewers, 11 of whom are Melbourne Brewers.

I have had great feedback from entrants and judges, and I am proud of how beerfest was run this year.

With that I will sign off by giving you a 12-month notice for the 2025 competition. See you next February!

John Keske
Melbourne Brewers President

I haven't visited this website for a long time, but some members brought this post to my attention.

As the chief organizer of Beerfest, I would like to clarify some things. The Melbourne Brewers have been hosting Beerfest at the end of February for the past 30 years. The categories and dates for this year's competition were announced in mid-November, three months before the competition. We made posts on Facebook, the Melbourne Brewers' website, The Vicbrew website and our Substack newsletter. Although I was a bit late in putting up the physical posters this year, I believe they were posted at Grain and Grape and Keg King before Christmas. (As a side note, I brewed all my competition beers after the announcements went out.)

This year's competition had a great turnout, with entries from 48 brewers, 11 of whom are Melbourne Brewers.

I have had great feedback from entrants and judges, and I am proud of how beerfest was run this year.

With that I will sign off by giving you a 12-month notice for the 2025 competition. See you next February!

John Keske
Melbourne Brewers President
You forgot to add, "We will let you know the format 10 days before entry closes"

I would hardly call 66% of expected entries successful! 90 to 100% is successful.
Success comes from marketing, not from, 'Oh by the way we have a beer comp on in a couple of weeks"

Latest posts

Back