Beer Tasting Near Freo.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK we have 11 people.
Katie and I will organise food.
If everyone could bring one (type of) beer, enough for 11 to taste. Two long necksish, plus whatever to quaff.
24 October (Saturday)

Our Bar and Grill will be open from 11am
Will PM details...

Cheers

Lloydie

Anybody with dietry requirements let me know! GB let me know if you are coming (Ill organise tofu skewers with satay sauce)!

If everyone could bring one (type of) beer, enough for 11 to taste. Two long necksish, plus whatever to quaff.

Just to confirm (so I don't look like an idiot when I rock up :p) we're talking about buying something a bit unusual or less common right? I don't think I'm going to have much/any home brew around that time, and being a bit of a beginner still I dunno how well it'll go down :p

Thankyou Lioydie and Katie would you like me to bring any food meat chips olives dip? :)

NME bring whatever.
The crap ones are the ones you SHOULD offer. We all make crap beers, finding out why they're crap is a great thing!

Spoonta cheers mate chips and dips and stuff would be great

Lloydie

Just to confirm (so I don't look like an idiot when I rock up :p) we're talking about buying something a bit unusual or less common right? I don't think I'm going to have much/any home brew around that time, and being a bit of a beginner still I dunno how well it'll go down :p

Your Nelson Sauvin brew coming up next looks nice but pushing for that to be ready. Bring a bottle anyway Ill try it when its ready!

If you have no HB bring Commerical. Is that right Lloydie?

Maybe a Temple Saison? Fruity as all buggery.

October 24th you say? If there's still space I wouldn't mind having a pale ale tasted/tested and a GB if it's done by then.

1. Lloydie
2. Katie
3. PistolPatch
4. GryphonBrewing
5. Stevem01
6. faryg
7. CDJ
8. NME
9. spoonta
10 Andrew (churchy)and Joanne
11. Pete2501

Sounds good mate. I think i'll close it about there, cos we're out of chairs. ;)
Commercials are fine, whatever it is we'll all learn something from it..

Lloydie

Lloydie: Good point!
I'll bring a bottle or 2 of whatever I've got brewed and something else :D

Great to meet you at last Churchy! Looking forward to more of a yarn at this do and also with the new guys above I haven't met as yet. Should be tops!

I have a few questions for Lloydie but I'll ring him about those. The first question is...

"Why has the list been cut off when there are no single girls on it?"

What is he thinking?

...The crap ones are the ones you SHOULD offer. We all make crap beers, finding out why they're crap is a great thing!...Lloydie

Dead right Lloydie! :beerbang: Learning from your mistakes is what it takes to be a better brewer IMHO. Lloydie PM me your address and I'll send some Qld examples to spice things up.

Chap Chap

I think that is a good number of people, just enough chairs!

Sorry guys, cant make it on the 24th, it's my Nieces wedding, keep my name on the list for the next one!

Great to meet you at last Churchy! Looking forward to more of a yarn at this do and also with the new guys above I haven't met as yet. Should be tops!

I have a few questions for Lloydie but I'll ring him about those. The first question is...

"Why has the list been cut off when there are no single girls on it?"

What is he thinking?

You have to bring your own woman Pat I'm bringing mine.lol

Andrew

Ok folks without getting too formal but after a little more thought, we have two things organised for our tasting day;

1 The Tasting
2 The Piss-up/BBQ/Yarn

'Proper''tasting will be from midday until two or so. Anyone with beers to share for detailed analysis :eek: will need to be here from midday as we will taste the beers in a logical order. Those who'd like to (and you're all most welcome to) hang around or turn up late for drinks, grub and a yarn, could you just let me know for numbers? We can also discuss plans for further tastings and brewdays on the day. I reckon, if we can keep some formality to the tasting part we'll get a bit more out of it.

Cheers

Lloydie :chug:

I'm looking forward to having some beers critiqued.

October 24th - perfect! I'll be in until stumps :)

I've been cleaning out my brewery (with a bit of help from Katie and Lloyd) and might end up with some stuff to give away. Maybe if anyone else has got anything they no longer use they can bring it along to swap or give away?

BTW, anyone who wants to meet for a drink before then, eric8 is visiting this weekend so check this thread out if you want a beer this Sunday.

Spot,
Pat

I may be interested in this, once we are moved and settled, if there is room at the inn.

I wish it was two week from now already.

I trust a cornie keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale will be OK. I'm looking forward to the beer boffins giving the beer a once over and the conversation before and afterwards.

Latest posts

Back