Bargain Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call and make a nuisance of yourself. It always works, as long as you can still look at yourself in the mirror afterwards. I had to make an airline check-in girl cry once. Had to. I HAD to be on that plane. I felt so bad, I was consciously and intentionally a complete shit to her. Maybe not that far ;)

Got a slab of Brew Dog (them again!) Riptide for $60 at Purvis.

Short date, but for an 8% Imp. Stout....who cares ?

There was at least 2 more full slabs and 6 packs on the shelves.

This week I will mostly be drinking Brew Dog...mostly.

Mardoo said:
Call and make a nuisance of yourself. It always works, as long as you can still look at yourself in the mirror afterwards. I had to make an airline check-in girl cry once. Had to. I HAD to be on that plane. I felt so bad, I was consciously and intentionally a complete shit to her. Maybe not that far ;)
You horrible person.

just picked up 2x5L kegs, mixed 4 pack, and the 1L can with glass from Aldi.

for me the kegs are extremely good value, considering i am acquiring these kegs for my mini keg system, and new, they go for ~$22... so $8 for 5L of beer.

I picked up three kegs yesterday arvo as they were already on the shelves I also grabbed a set of dimple steins and pilsener glasses which are an excellent shape and size (600ml)

TheBigD said:
I picked up three kegs yesterday arvo as they were already on the shelves I also grabbed a set of dimple steins and pilsener glasses which are an excellent shape and size (600ml)
you got 600ml dimple steins? how much?
do you have a photo?

i think i might be going to visit aldi again...

Thnx Dan's !

Plugged a gap in the brew day when the EIPA keg blew. Not that I don't have more HB, it's just that RIS or barleywine aren't very sessionable... well, they could be, but...

20140920_152436.jpg

At mitre 10 today, see the black and gold laundry soaker. Looks similar to napisan, maybe not as much sod perc.

Anyone use it?

Great price

Beercus

image.jpg

image.jpg

beercus said:
At mitre 10 today, see the black and gold laundry soaker. Looks similar to napisan, maybe not as much sod perc.

Anyone use it?

Great price

Beercus
Coles brand is 5% w/w and therefore stronger and the strongest I could find. Makes no sense when you can just get 100% w/w perc and whilst it costs a bit more you use 95% less.

StalkingWilbur said:
Yeah. Isn't 100% sodium percarbonate like $6/kg?
The B&G is $1.50kg and 35% percarb (equivalent to $4.30/kg of pure percarb), so is better value than $6/kg for pure percarb. Guess it depends on what the fillers are.

Also worth noting perc in bulk buy is around $1.40/kg. But yeah sorry realised the 5% on coles napisan is related to available oxygen my mistake!

Bargain

57 grolsh bottles + growler

Cost - 2 longnecks of esbimage.jpg

I thought i had missed out on the Franziskaner kegs from aldi, as my local aldi and 2 others i visited were sold out...But heading to Marlo for work yesterday stopped in at Aldi Bairnsdale...
Boooommmm they still had about 10 kegs. Loaded 3 into my trolley. Very happy! Thank you Barinsdale for not being interested in good beer!

Latest posts

Back