Bargain Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good outcome there, DJ...the Towers sixer was a nice touch. Customer satisfaction !

I do like the new 'buy 1, get 5 free' offers Dan's are doing !!

Just picked up my eight missing cans from Ascot Vale. They had one of the managers pick them up on his way home from the Pt. Cook store. I was originally offered a $10 voucher, but said I'd far prefer the beer. I pointed out that other stores had honoured the advertised price AND quantity & I hoped they'd reach the same outcome for me.
Cheers to the folk at DMs Ascot Vale for being good sports. Nothing personal, but no-one sniffs out and pursues a bargain like a home brewer. Especially when it's cheap craft-beer!

Agreed, or anything stainless.

Or anything which might just assist in the brewery.

Prince Imperial said:
Just picked up my eight missing cans from Ascot Vale. They had one of the managers pick them up on his way home from the Pt. Cook store. I was originally offered a $10 voucher, but said I'd far prefer the beer. I pointed out that other stores had honoured the advertised price AND quantity & I hoped they'd reach the same outcome for me.
Cheers to the folk at DMs Ascot Vale for being good sports. Nothing personal, but no-one sniffs out and pursues a bargain like a home brewer. Especially when it's cheap craft-beer!
not experiacning any luck like this via email and really cant be bothered calling, I think i will just become a pest and reply to them everyday until they give in.

BrosysBrews said:
not experiacning any luck like this via email and really cant be bothered calling, I think i will just become a pest and reply to them everyday until they give in.
Same. No reply yet for me either.

I won't add that I've enjoyed a Punk IPA tonight and now the Tower 10 IPA - WOW the Tower is pretty special! :chug:

I received my delivery from Dans today. 5 x Punk IPA 4 packs, with delivery that drops it to about $2 a can. I figure that's about the right price for megaswill on special so I'm not going to argue, especially given the poor success of others who have tried calling head office.

I'll quit while I'm ahead, grab my ill-gotten loot and run :)

- Meno

It's no 5 dollar six pack but I'm planning on picking up a couple of 5 litre franzsikaner heffe wiesbier kEgs @ aldi this Saturday $29 dollars seems a bargain at that price.

^^ what he said, I can see myself with my mouth pressed up against the glass of my local ALDI at 8.59am Saturday morning, heavy breathing.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
^^ what he said, I can see myself with my mouth pressed up against the glass of my local ALDI at 8.59am Saturday morning, heavy breathing.
Me on the weekend

beerlorepaulaner.jpg

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I'm pretty sure they can't sell alcohol before 10am or something ?

I vaguely remember trying at opening time once and having to come back later.

You can still grab what you want, pile it in an easily defendable position, arm yourself to the teeth with cheap, flimsy gardening tools and see if you can make it through ?

Or grab one of their cheap garden hoses and a funnel, fashion a beer bong and then scan the empty can at the register once the time rolls around.

TheBigD said:
It's no 5 dollar six pack but I'm planning on picking up a couple of 5 litre franzsikaner heffe wiesbier kEgs @ aldi this Saturday $29 dollars seems a bargain at that price.
Gotta link? cant see on their website

Its already on the shelf at my local Aldi. I bought the keg, the 4-pack and the Stein.

Latest posts

Back