Bargain Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ascot Vale tell me they'd honour but I already got the last stock. They're calling me back with a solution. I said I'd be fine with a raincheck, but they're unsure if they'll restock.

Just got off the phone with them. I escalated the case just to be a shit. The general gist of the conversation was 'We fucked up, price was wrong and pack quantities were wrong but you got a massive saving and it worked in your favour so we're not doing shit about it'. I said something along the lines of 'I get that, but I paid in goo faith based on the information provided to me by you, the retailer, and I expect you to honour the transaction as I am not at fault'. Will see how that goes, he pushed it to his manager.

Getting nervous, almost 2 hours and still no order confirmation. They've probably sent some alert email out to all stores lol. Code red, code red at DM headquarters today!

And you can only select cases now, looks like it's being fixed as we speak

They were "out of stock" due to the error and large influx of sales (I call b/s), but apparently they will get more stock and notify me once ready to collect...

Just rang to confirm my order. Had it moved to Doncaster East due to no stock at Glen Waverley, which they hadn't advised me about (I think they're sticking their heads in the sand a bit on this problem).

The chick on the phone read me my order as 30 cans (5x6packs), so I made sure she stipulated 30 cans when she forwarded my order to Doncaster.

Fingers crossed. I don't have screen shots and, as mentioned, they've changed the website link back to 4packs.

Malvern east had my 4 x 4packs ready and waiting this arvo.

I had my 6pack screenshot ready and waiting. The guy said he'd get me another pack, so i pointed out that it was actually 24 cans. He gave a shrug and apologised for the mistake.

Early 20's guy having a super slow monday by the looks of it, I don't think he cared too much.

24cans for $20 :beer:

Meanwhile the folks working at BrewDog are going to wonder why export sales to Melbourne are doing so well ...

Oh yeah, and I couldn't help myself - I went and got another 24 cans, bringing the haul to 60 in total! Plenty of Punk IPA love at my house for a few weeks!

LOL that's gold. There's no price for them on the online store now.

So has anyone that got 4 packs had any luck calling there head office ?
Just about to call and see what answer I get from them.

I picked up mine this morning, wasn't really going to push the 4 pack thing but the dude at the jump was a bit rude when I asked, so demanded to receive what I paid for, no more no less, (at $5 a sixer HA HA) he eventually saw my side of the argument and as I had their last stock he arranged for another store I was driving past to give me two more four packs.
so 24 cans $20 nice. Then when I stopped at my local supermarket I had to walk past a BWS and noticed they had a couple of sixers of ballast point big eye at the check out marked down to $12.
Plenty of cheap commercial beer at my place now. I don't think I've ever been able to claim that before.

Bridges said:
I picked up mine this morning, wasn't really going to push the 4 pack thing but the dude at the jump was a bit rude when I asked, so demanded to receive what I paid for, no more no less, (at $5 a sixer HA HA) he eventually saw my side of the argument and as I had their last stock he arranged for another store I was driving past to give me two more four packs.
so 24 cans $20 nice. Then when I stopped at my local supermarket I had to walk past a BWS and noticed they had a couple of sixers of ballast point big eye at the check out marked down to $12.
Plenty of cheap commercial beer at my place now. I don't think I've ever been able to claim that before.
Great work!!!

I spoke with the sales guys on phone and they have stated they will be honouring my purchase and that it is in fact 24 cans (4 packs). Based on that I'd say those who got 4 packs will be right if they call and ask.

Apparently I'll be getting them end of this week though, cos all you buggers who got some have dried out Dan Murphys completely.

Some one somewhere at Dans is copping a kicking this arvo! If you're reading this pal drop me a PM I'll shout you a beer!

Just off the phone now and dans are now saying that they cannot honor the price for a six pack, they say there is no stock anyway
They will refund if I want to return though.

tateg said:
Just off the phone now and dans are now saying that they cannot honor the price for a six pack, they say there is no stock anyway
They will refund if I want to return though.
Tell em to stick their refund up their clacker.. They will have more stock in very soon...

Smiley Face !

1410762686248.jpg

I can recommend transferring your orders to a less 'work-hardened' store.

The bloke had 5x4packs ready for me, but I only had to say the original ad was for 6 packs and he went for more cans.
He was a little miffed and clearly knew what was going on...but he CBFed, thankfully...as I couldn't prove it.

Thanks, Uncle Dan...you're the best !

Where I picked up my extra two four packs was Eltham they still had a slab worth left on the shelf at about 11am I think all stores are showing no stock as a way to stem the bleeding. Not all stores had them at the bargain price though. Eltham is the closest to me and for what ever reason the price would change at check out for that store. I just tried a few stores I knew I'd be near until I found one that worked for their click and collect. I would think you paid for 6 beers you should receive 6 beers. It doesn't matter what the price is.

Danwood said:
Smiley Face !

attachicon.gif
1410762686248.jpg

I can recommend transferring your orders to a less 'work-hardened' store.

The bloke had 5x4packs ready for me, but I only had to say the original ad was for 6 packs and he went for more cans.
He was a little miffed and clearly knew what was going on...but he CBFed, thankfully...as I couldn't prove it.

Thanks, Uncle Dan...you're the best !
Thats the right attitude :)

Back