Bargain Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my mate pick them up today at Glen Waverly. Ran into a slight problem... the manager there said they only come in 4 packs, not 6. Unfortunately Nick (the guy who collected them for me) being a delicate soul didn't want to argue the point the manager made, which was he was only going to give him 10 x 4 packs, not 10 x 6 packs which I paid for, and if I had a problem with it I was to take it up with head office. Which I have done. I'll report back.

If nothing comes of it, I've still got some great beer at an even better price, but being the tinarse I am I want my extra 20 cans dammit!

So Grainer, you were able to place your order at Waverley then? And they didn't have stock when you turned up ?

I'm just trying to prepare my defence if it goes pear shaped.

Cheers, Dan

Bridges said:
I was wondering if I should stick it right to 'em for the six packs or just be happy with the 4 packs for $5 each. I guess I'll see tomorrow when I pick up.
I'm going to stick them for the full 6 packs. I'm even going to ask them to post the other 20 cans I didn't get to my house free of charge for their bullshit.

Grainer said:
I pinter out I paid for 6 packs and he reluctantly honoured it.
It's for *this* reason, that I'm going to go them for the extra 20 cans. My mate picked up my order hours before this, early this morning and they wouldn't give him 6packs. To hear you got them now makes me shitty. Happy for you, but shitty.

Bridges said:
I was wondering if I should stick it right to 'em for the six packs or just be happy with the 4 packs for $5 each. I guess I'll see tomorrow when I pick up.
get 6 packs..i did

To everyone.. get the 6 PACK!! its totally worth it.. They said if any store has an issue with it to ring head office and get it honoured.. their number is1300723388.. hell worth it.. sitting in the lounge room drinking a few.. thinking .. "I should order another 5x6 packs" !!

If the store doesn't have them just ask them to transfer the pickup to another store... The manager at Oakley south honoured the deal..so maybe thats a good place to transfer it to....

cheers and drink up fellas.. :beerbang:

slcmorro said:
Had my mate pick them up today at Glen Waverly. Ran into a slight problem... the manager there said they only come in 4 packs, not 6. Unfortunately Nick (the guy who collected them for me) being a delicate soul didn't want to argue the point the manager made, which was he was only going to give him 10 x 4 packs, not 10 x 6 packs which I paid for, and if I had a problem with it I was to take it up with head office. Which I have done. I'll report back.

If nothing comes of it, I've still got some great beer at an even better price, but being the tinarse I am I want my extra 20 cans dammit!
I had the same issue with them, have emailed them to ask how they plan to resolve, keep in touch here mate as we may be able to use differant answers as leverage if one of us hits a wall!

Grainer said:
They said if any store has an issue with it to ring head office and get it honoured.. their number is 1300723388..
Not open today obviously (I just tried haha) but tomorrow I'll give em a bell.

:icon_offtopic: ain't we brewers of fine ales/lagers,why all the fuss..isn't there a clone we can make.. :icon_cheers:

DU99 said:
:icon_offtopic: ain't we brewers of fine ales/lagers,why all the fuss..isn't there a clone we can make.. :icon_cheers:
Yeah but my 24 cans for $20 bucks is purely for research and quality assurance before I undertake a clone...

As far as I'm concerned dans is one of the duopolys and if I can get a bargain at the expense of a major corporation which probably rips us off with everything else. Then I'm going to try.

Unfortunately none with 'Click & Collect' around brisbane way and delivery hasn't worked anyway I've tried it.. :( Should of investigated this thread earlier and may of been able to grab some

Nope Brisbane never worked, no matter how you tried it.

Only 4 packs at bulleen store, I took the last 5.
Guy at the store recommended contacting head office to get the other cans I had paid for, the guy even took a screen shot on my phone just In case they change the site over night.

Did anyone at Ascot Vale insist on 6 packs & do ok? I'm going to call them today and ask them to sort it out.

Yes, Ascot Vale are very friendly. I insisted on six packs, pointing to the printed screenshot of the website I took along, and the Manager got them out without blinking.

Going to pickup some on my lunch break, will push for 6 packs and report back if all good. Funny they haven't just fixed the website error =D

Yeah, they just gave me four packs so I guess they were waiting to see if people complained. Hope they agree to fix it in retrospect. It's a third of the order after all!

Back