Bargain Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24 hour special only.

mini urn.jpg

Maybe not a huge bargain but small urns don't come up all that often, ideal for generating some sparge water or heating strike water for a partial mash in esky. Could even do a mini biab for a partial in the urn itself.

$50 plus delivery. This mob, OO.com.au are in Sydney and I've bought a fair few household items like a bike, vacuum, etc. Reliable mob and generally overnight delivery.

The Dans I went to last night had all the punk IPA's cut up into 4 packs.

I thought they came in 4 packs only and not 6 packs? Hence why it was a bargain when they advertised the price as a 6 pack

They were in 4-packs (cardboard pack) but there is a batch at Dans that have been in 6 packs (in a plastic wrap), the price on the shelf only showed the 4-pack price ($17.90) and the computer system only had the single and 4 pack price. So some got away with buying the 6 pack and only paying $17.90.

You can sometimes fluke it, I once got a four pack of a 9% Euro Hobo Lager that was on special at $11 for two cans, and the four pack checked out at $11 instead of $22.

Just keep the checkout operator talking about the weather etc.

crowmanz said:
They were in 4-packs (cardboard pack) but there is a batch at Dans that have been in 6 packs (in a plastic wrap), the price on the shelf only showed the 4-pack price ($17.90) and the computer system only had the single and 4 pack price. So some got away with buying the 6 pack and only paying $17.90.
I got a the final 6 pack off the shelf today for the 4 pack price of $17.49. The six pack wouldn't scan so she just looked up the 4 pack price and charged that. Sometimes service staff's apathy can work for the consumer.

Not sure if this is a national thing or not, but the fella at Liquorland said they were discontinuing some lines.

I managed to snag to following for $60:

8 x Hop Hog
12 x Mixed Weihenstephaner (Hefe, Pils and Kristall)
6 x Stiegl
2 x Old Fart
1 x Boddingtons (can - Wish I got more, it was awesome!)

slcmorro said:
Not sure if this is a national thing or not, but the fella at Liquorland said they were discontinuing some lines.

I managed to snag to following for $60:

8 x Hop Hog
12 x Mixed Weihenstephaner (Hefe, Pils and Kristall)
6 x Stiegl
2 x Old Fart
1 x Boddingtons (can - Wish I got more, it was awesome!)
That's a great deal, will check it out as I'd love some cheap Wiehenstephaner

Be nice if the local Liquorland stocked any of those........

Ask the manager to order some in, the managers so the ordering at Liqourland, they don't just receive what they get told to.

Think they get a weekly catalog which has all of the wholesale specials. But if yours is lacking some decent beers it's up to them really.

earle said:
I got a the final 6 pack off the shelf today for the 4 pack price of $17.49. The six pack wouldn't scan so she just looked up the 4 pack price and charged that. Sometimes service staff's apathy can work for the consumer.
The exact same thing happened to me at the one-week-old Queanbeyan store this arvo. No scan so she looked up the price for 4 x cans and that's what I got charged.
Spewing there was only one six-pack left.

Aldi had 4 packs of Guiness a week or two ago for 10 bucks.

I got one but it didnt really live up to my expectations (its my problem I know).

I have however had two cracking Guinness stews though, with pearl barley also added.

Mmmmmm

First Choice have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in 400ml can 4-packs for $16. How's the quality out of cans, I've always preferred glass.

madpierre06 said:
First Choice have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in 400ml can 4-packs for $16. How's the quality out of cans, I've always preferred glass.
Tasted the same to me. Was hoping for a bit more hop aroma and flavour in the tinnies. Still , not a bad drop .

madpierre06 said:

Actually, make that 4 x 473ml.

madpierre06 said:
Beer remains fresher in cans. They are also cheaper to transport.

Latest posts

Back