Babbs Wild Brew Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's concluding nicely.

Got a cube of wort waiting for the fermenter to empty. So it'd better finish soon!!

Tastes nice anyway - if a bit murky.

I did mine on Sunday. This is the biggest beer I have done on my system, so I had a few issues and came up a bit short of my O.G. and a bit short on my volume, but otherwise it seemed as though it is all OK.
I'm adding my brown sugar in the next few days to give the yeast the best chance to much through the current sugars first.

I've been away for the last 2 days, so I'm keen to see how it is going tonight.

Guys, just a reminder that we really want these beers delivered to the shop & not BABBS, if possible.
I really don't want a lot of potentially unpressurissed kegs rolling about in the car home.

cheers ross

I'll be bringing mine and Liam's efforts down on saturday on the way to Chappos shindig.

GravityGuru should be dropping his & mine off mid-week, otherwise I'll do the same as BD.

GravityGuru should be dropping his & mine off mid-week, otherwise I'll do the same as BD.
Winkle, I'll be picking yours up and dropping our kegs through to CB first thing tomorrow...

Oh dear. Just got home and checked, and fermentation hasn't even started.
I used both the supplied yeast, and a fresh smack pack too. I don't know what's gone wrong. I think I might need to make a fresh starter and give it a new injection of yeast.

Failing that, I don't know what to do.

Oh dear. Just got home and checked, and fermentation hasn't even started.
I used both the supplied yeast, and a fresh smack pack too. I don't know what's gone wrong. I think I might need to make a fresh starter and give it a new injection of yeast.

Failing that, I don't know what to do.
Mine took two or three days to take off @ 18 degrees , but when it did it took off. maybe drop the boiled up brown sugar in and see if that helps things?? Maybe pump the temp up to 20 as well ??

Cheers

Mine took two or three days to take off @ 18 degrees , but when it did it took off. maybe drop the boiled up brown sugar in and see if that helps things?? Maybe pump the temp up to 20 as well ??

Cheers

+1, give it another day and it should erupt in a mountain of foam (get it above 20 C).

Well it's better late than never, but my batch has finished, and is tasting like goooood. I think I will be brewing this recipe again for myself in the near future.

The yeast did finally take off, and after doing a secondary fermentation after adding the brown sugar, I ended up with a FG of 1.020. It's warm, but not alcoholic.

I tasted a couple of the kegs when I was at the shop a week or so ago..... I was impressed with how good it is tasting.
Should have the barrel veeeeeerrrrry soon.

Any recent tastings of the kegs? And how did we go with the supplied ingredients : kegs returned ratio?

Cheers

Even more important - are they in the barrel yet???

Just wondering if anyone has any recent info on how this is progressing ?

the_blob.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has any recent info on how this is progressing ?

Beers are kegged in the coldroom for logistical reasons for the time being. Slight delay in the project but will continue on for certain!

Unfortuantely I had to scurry off early, but was there time to assess the project kegs after the comp judging on Sunday?

Are we there yet. I assume the christmas project is off for this year?

Brad

I'll just take what I brewed back and drink that, 5 months of cold conditioning, it'll be schmick ;)

Latest posts

Back