Babbs Wild Brew Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersom

Reaction score
oooooooooooooooooooops.
Just went to send an email out to all those who put their name down for this only to find that I put the list through the wash..... :blink:
ooooooooooooooooooops
..................... any ways here is what I was going to send.

Gentlemen.
Sorry for the delays but here is our recipe.
Nice and simple, just an infusion brew at 65deg C 2.5/1 liq/grist

20litre batch (to FV)

worked at 75% eff

Pilsner 4kg 45.7%
Vienna 3.5 Kg 40%
Aromatic 0.5Kg 5.7%
Special B 0.25kg 2.9%
Brown Sugar 0.5kg 5.7%

gravity 24.7 plato 1.104sg (aim for as close to this gravity as you can, even if it means a slightly different batch size and PLEASE record your starting and finishing gravities so that we can work out an average abv via gravity difference using the same formula)
should give us over 10%abv after wild things have done their job

single bittering addition
Nelson Sauvin 11.5% AA 10gm @60mins (approx 15 BU)

2hr boil (purleeeeeease :) ) ... might hafta top up post boil in some systems.

if possible with your set up try to start the ferment at 18deg and let it rise up from there (ideally below 20 for the first 24 hrs) to a max of 24 . If you cant control temps that well just try to keep it in the early 20s.

I have dropped about 7 litres of yeast to the shop (you will need your own sanitized container), this should be plenty but i can get a little more if needed. Each of us will probably need 100-150ml of yeast..... this is pure yeast by the way, so if we all get into this soon there will be no need for a starter. I would not recomend using over 200ml or so if it is used fresh as this will take off like a rocket and 3787 is known for being a very agro little yeast (lotsa foam) .

After primary ferment (leave for a few days after gravity drop ceases.... expect a final gravity of around 5 plato or 1.020 sg), rack and cold condition if possible before filling a purged keg (Ross will provide) for us to use for filling the barrel. No filtering please.

Hope I have covered it all.... any questions or suggestions please post to the group as a whole.

Hoping to brew my batch this weekend.

Many thanks, and here's to a great club brew
Cheers
Ian

Please draw this to the attention of as many BABBs members as you can, targeting those you think may have been on the list.
We need at least 15 batches to do this ......

Might have to call by CB for supplies tomorrow :)

Me too!! :icon_chickcheers:

Only have to get Special B. I have everything else in stock! I be doing a double batch at 46lts.

Yo! I'm on board the bus.
Er, I hope using a botu-no-chill-cube-of-death is ok?

I'm in too!

Have capacity to do a double if we don't have enough recruits (I'd rather more people get involved though).

Should be awesome :icon_chickcheers:

PB

Hmm, after cranking this through Beersmith I seem to get 9.2 IBUs all the other numbers look sweet as.

+1 - will hafta do this batch this weekend. Should be good.... :icon_drool2:

Awesome,

What was the deal with supplies, did I hear Ross say he was supplying the grain/hops? or was that wishfull thinking?

I'm in either way :beerbang:

Cheers,

Liam

Awesome,

What was the deal with supplies, did I hear Ross say he was supplying the grain/hops? or was that wishfull thinking?

Cheers,

Liam

I am pretty sure you heard correct Liam. Pretty good support from the El Presedente eh. I will probably match the ingredients and make a double batch....cant see the point of making a single batch anymore (RE time spent for quantity). Like you say I am in either way.

Brad

Awesome,

Cheers,

Liam

That's a rodge wilco Liam!

BTW that's services speak for yes :icon_cheers:

I'm in too, Liam we will have to get our supplies/keg from CB at the same time. Can't see me getting there before friday though and I won't be able to get out there this weekend either.

Browndog out.

Word is fresh from the February committee meeting that finished 20mins ago that all grain & hop costs will be covered by Babbs, just have to get that tight arsed treasurer to sign the cheque! :beerbang:

Looks like the crew at CB will have to get busy putting together the grain & hop packs.

Cheers

Paul

Word is fresh from the February committee meeting that finished 20mins ago that all grain & hop costs will be covered by Babbs, just have to get that tight arsed treasurer to sign the cheque! :beerbang:

Looks like the crew at CB will have to get busy putting together the grain & hop packs.

Cheers

Paul

Excellent news Paul!

So will you be blowing the dust off the brewery for this one?

Chappo

Latest posts

Back