Attention Perth Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Perth brewers thinking about making a party keg might be interested in one of these pipes for sale at the Armadale Recycle Tip. They'd easily fit a corny keg with heaps of room for ice around them. I didn't measure with a tape measure but the walls look about 12mm thick, you could almost drive a truck over them. I give them a 5 star value for money rating.

They also look like a 30 litre fermenter would fit inside quite nicely & a couple at the back have the female socket connection so if you bought two sealing rings you could end up with a pipe about 3.6 metres long (I dare say the seals wouldn't be cheap to buy though). I've often wondered if a length of pipe that could fit a fermenter inside was sunk in the ground about 3 metres deep could provide a good stable year round temperature for fermenting a few styles of beer at least. Alas I have the winch but only rent so its not an option for me to experiment with.
Pipe.jpg

Real ..

Where are u at ??

where are these pipes at ?

Matt

Located on the beach in Trigg...

Real ..

Where are u at ??

Matt

Matt, these pipes are located about 10 kms South of my house. Armadale tip rocks! I pick up all my women there...

edit- Check out the glass section when you're in the shop, Matt. I grabbed a perfect Duvel tulip for 50c.

Real ..

Where are u at ??

Matt

ledgenko

Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility is located on Hopkinson Road in Brookdale.

Here's a link to a map:
http://recyclingnearyou.com.au/facility/1837/ArmadaleWA

The Drop n Shop Opening Hours are:

Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Saurday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sunday: 8:30am - 4:30pm

It's a place of wonderful surprises, while looking for a piece of SS tube today I found an electric 50lt heat sterilizer unit for $30. It must have been a shop display model or something as the outside was a bit dusty but the inside brand new. It even had a manual inside. I can't find out anything about it on the Internet so if I ever need spare parts I probably won't be able to get them, but at least I have another gadget to play with while it works :lol: Pics aren't great due to light & reflections.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Raven19's setup On This Page is just one of a dozen or so examples of what can be done with this pipe getting around the Adelaide Brewing Community.
Nige

Back