• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Attention Perth Brewers

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

real_beer

Reaction score
Perth brewers thinking about making a party keg might be interested in one of these pipes for sale at the Armadale Recycle Tip. They'd easily fit a corny keg with heaps of room for ice around them. I didn't measure with a tape measure but the walls look about 12mm thick, you could almost drive a truck over them. I give them a 5 star value for money rating.

They also look like a 30 litre fermenter would fit inside quite nicely & a couple at the back have the female socket connection so if you bought two sealing rings you could end up with a pipe about 3.6 metres long (I dare say the seals wouldn't be cheap to buy though). I've often wondered if a length of pipe that could fit a fermenter inside was sunk in the ground about 3 metres deep could provide a good stable year round temperature for fermenting a few styles of beer at least. Alas I have the winch but only rent so its not an option for me to experiment with.
Pipe.jpg

ledgenko

Reaction score
Real ..

Where are u at ??

where are these pipes at ?

Matt

Located on the beach in Trigg...

ledgenko

Reaction score
Real ..

Where are u at ??

Matt

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
Matt, these pipes are located about 10 kms South of my house. Armadale tip rocks! I pick up all my women there...

edit- Check out the glass section when you're in the shop, Matt. I grabbed a perfect Duvel tulip for 50c.

real_beer

Reaction score
Real ..

Where are u at ??

Matt

ledgenko

Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility is located on Hopkinson Road in Brookdale.

Here's a link to a map:
http://recyclingnearyou.com.au/facility/1837/ArmadaleWA

The Drop n Shop Opening Hours are:

Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Saurday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sunday: 8:30am - 4:30pm

It's a place of wonderful surprises, while looking for a piece of SS tube today I found an electric 50lt heat sterilizer unit for $30. It must have been a shop display model or something as the outside was a bit dusty but the inside brand new. It even had a manual inside. I can't find out anything about it on the Internet so if I ever need spare parts I probably won't be able to get them, but at least I have another gadget to play with while it works :lol: Pics aren't great due to light & reflections.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

np1962

It's all about the Beer
Reaction score
Raven19's setup On This Page is just one of a dozen or so examples of what can be done with this pipe getting around the Adelaide Brewing Community.
Nige