Are You A Cyclist?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bribie Flyer

bike.JPG

Great for zooming down to the shops, it's a big framed bike and very comfortable. Someone gave it to me about 4 years ago, I just keep it in Bribie gear (haven't changed gears for years) and use it on the great network of bike paths around here. I guess it would be twenty years old, it sort of looks like a proto mountain bike. When I got it, it was covered in gadgets like a dynamo set, rear view mirrors and a speedometer so I junked all that and it scrubbed up mean n lean B) . Love my bike.

Like most of my stuff here, this is borrowed...

Sure it's a girls bike, but it does great wheelies, nice forgiving balance point.

And last year I stacked it on the street and managed to right royally fark my knee. Torn meniscus and ACL. And we all know how great the US medical system is. :unsure: :huh:

A mate here just dropped $US3.5K on a second-hand all carbon fibre road bike. A pretty serious bit of gear. So I get to ride his old road bike around, which is still one of the best bikes I have ridden.

snow2.jpg

every gardener needs one of these, and you might get some funny looks but you can still ride it to the pub.
mowercycle23.jpg

stagga.

I'm not a cyclist but would like to be...

I'm looking into the best sort of bike to get. I'm 6'3 ish and would be riding about 3K (all on the road) to the station each day. Bike would be left at the station so nothing that's likely to get damaged or knocked off. I'd probably use it on the weekends for riding with the kids/quick trips to the shops as well. Any of you lot suggest a good bike for me?

Cheers
Dave

_5758578.JPG

motorcyclist here. so's my daughter :lol:
I know thats not what this topic is on but i coudltn resist. I used to bike but got older, and lazy. loved mountain biking.

every gardener needs one of these, and you might get some funny looks but you can still ride it to the pub.
mowercycle23.jpg

stagga.
Just don't run over a stick, rock, jacaranda seed pod on your way to the pub on that one. You'd be over the handlebars in no time.

Got an Avanti Blade 8 ('fitness bike'), which I'm pretty happy with riding to work every day (30k per day). When I get time on weekends I'm going to upgrade to a road bike and do some longer rides....

jun_01_08_f.jpg

Since my last post in this thread, I have joined the NY Cycling Club, learned how to road ride a bit better (rotating paceline anyone?) and got the bug.

Thinking about dropping a few US$k on an all Carbon fibre frame bike.

Done a few 100 mile rides in a single day out of the city.

Turns out I'm a pretty good hill climber. One my my yankee mates I ride with seriously reckons I should go join a race team. I just tell him that it's not that I am fit, fast or strong, it's just that all you yanks are fat lazy pussies. :p

Looking at getting something like this:
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpe...a&Type=bike

Beware, I could soon be one of those wankers whose bike is worth more than his car.

Since my last post in this thread, I have joined the NY Cycling Club, learned how to road ride a bit better (rotating paceline anyone?) and got the bug.

Thinking about dropping a few US$k on an all Carbon fibre frame bike.

Done a few 100 mile rides in a single day out of the city.

Turns out I'm a pretty good hill climber. One my my yankee mates I ride with seriously reckons I should go join a race team. I just tell him that it's not that I am fit, fast or strong, it's just that all you yanks are fat lazy pussies. :p

Looking at getting something like this:
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpe...a&Type=bike

Beware, I could soon be one of those wankers whose bike is worth more than his car.

you should have a look at http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

cheers

grant

Mountain bike here....not much use for a road bike on a farm.

I have a Specialized Hard Rock...had it for years...from memory mine was the first release of it...made by Avanti from memory.

Shame I'm too lazy to ride it any more....I used to be fit...then I got a car :unsure:

Pic is one of the new models.

HR_Sport_Disc_GL_Org_Strpe_d.jpg

another roadie here. avanti giro. good little bike. dont get to ride it nearly as much as id like, certainly not with this weather :(

got a stone ruination jersey to keep it beer related.

Yes, yes I am. No need to post a pic of my bike as its not real important. Sure I love it but I like riding it more. A lot of my mates are more into their bikes than actually riding them.

I've clocked up 500,000kms now so I can tell you mine over the years have got some use. Started our club racing, then onto the VIS with racing and riding over the years with working as a bicycle courier in the melb CBD over the past decade too. Never owned a car or driven in my life. Melbourne is a great bike city, I live 12kms from the city but can head out to kinglake and ride across the hills out to the dandenongs whenever I feel like it as well. Beach road is always an option but I'd prefer the hills and peace and quiet.

At the moment Im off it with constant knee problems and had multiple surgeries to fix the wear and tear :-( Its killing me sitting around.

Back