Archive Ipa Competition Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be there Thursday Arvo Argon to get my scurvy on....

Maybe Weds or Friday for me - I should have recovered from hop overload by then B)

I'll be there thursday too.

Baby in the house + 4.5hrs sleep + 2 x 6.5% schooners over lunch = sleepy argon

oops yes... at BABBs instead... maybe Friday instead with lunch in Saturday already booked in.

BTW Perry thanks for the silver medal!

Edit: ah why not see if i can get there thursday as well

Tasting yours right now. Another good IPA argon! Like the flavour of this one a lot. Trying not to be biased towards mine but must admit I am leaning towards the combination of balance and flavour in mine so far... Very drinkable this one too though...

Thanks mate... Yeah i thought your ipa was very sessionable... Could drink alot of it. Wheras mine is perhaps a 2 or 3 schooners only as it can get a little intense in volume. Doesn't stop me at home though.

Tell me Ben, the one I had yesterday, I thought had the ever slightest hint of smoked malt... Maybe from the toasty victory? Didn't come through in the homebrew version.

Thanks mate... Yeah i thought your ipa was very sessionable... Could drink alot of it. Wheras mine is perhaps a 2 or 3 schooners only as it can get a little intense in volume. Doesn't stop me at home though.

Tell me Ben, the one I had yesterday, I thought had the ever slightest hint of smoked malt... Maybe from the toasty victory? Didn't come through in the homebrew version.

Hmmm, I could see how a touch of smoke would be attractive in one of these. I may just have to drop a bit into the next home batch :icon_cheers:.
BTW Perry thanks for the silver medal!

You're welcome - there were some really good beers there that only needed some minor tweaking to score really high.

going to Archive again for lunch at 1

Can't say as I noticed it behind the hops :)

Didn't note it today, either... neither did the group i was with. Just me trying to pick faults in beer. Do it all the time. <_<

Anyone planning on going by tonight?
I'm trying to decide whether to head out to watch sport or head home and channel flick...

Good beer at both places :)
They are starting to all recognise me at Archive though, I've been in a fair bit of late :)

Anyone planning on going by tonight?
I'm trying to decide whether to head out to watch sport or head home and channel flick...

Good beer at both places :)
They are starting to all recognise me at Archive though, I've been in a fair bit of late :)

When the bouncers know you by name its probably time to visit some other bars as well.

I'm up for channel surfing, but if forced to go out for dinner then Archive will on for pre-dinner drinks

I'm heading up to Archive for lunch now... why not?... only the greatest beer ever to hit the taps will be on.

I was lucky enough to have a pre-dinner blackbeard last night and it was very enjoyable. Great flavour and aroma. :icon_drool2:

Really showed me how far I have to go with my IPA.

OK I'll be there within the hour :icon_cheers:

I had one with TidalPete at lunchtime, it's tasting bloody beautiful.

Just dropped off Liam's beers for next week.

Cheers Ross

Was planning to be in there from 5 - 6 tonight with a big group from work. Unfortunately couldn't make it due to a few consultants not delivering. :angry: others from work went anyway. But i'm on my way home now. Hope it's getting smashed tonight with plenty of votes.

Will be in there Sunday at midday for lunch with the family and some friends if anyone's around, drop in and say hello.

Edit: some one remember to chuck liam's beer out the back so it's in the sun for us... Probably needs a bit more conditioning time! :p

Was planning to be in there from 5 - 6 tonight with a big group from work. Unfortunately couldn't make it due to a few consultants not delivering. :angry: others from work went anyway. But i'm on my way home now. Hope it's getting smashed tonight with plenty of votes.

Will be in there Sunday at midday for lunch with the family and some friends if anyone's around, drop in and say hello.

Edit: some one remember to chuck liam's beer out the back so it's in the sun for us... Probably needs a bit more conditioning time! :p
Was good, even SWMBO and son liked it + I got maggoted :icon_cheers:
Not driving rates soooooo goood.

Back