Archive Ipa Competition Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning at coming in Thursday night as well, but just realised that my wife is in Canberra for the day, and I can't leave before she's back home. So I won't be there before 9:30. Are you guys having a late one on Thursday?
Otherwise I might come in Wednesday or Friday night. I think Saturday afternoon the inlaws are coming in for a meal and pint.

That's usually around my roll out time mate. Would love to catch up with you in your moment of glory :icon_chickcheers:
To many nice beers at ridiculous alcohol %'s, wil be comatosed and un-coherent if I wear out my welcome.

I'll be in for a taster Thurs evening while dropping off Micheal's beers for the following week.

Cheers Ross

Not sure now if i go Thursday night, sounds like everyone is gone by the time i rock up (assuming that Ross delivers before 9:30)

Saturday will be more like a late afternoon, depending on when the inlaws get in, hard to predict, really.
Have been in late last night for a quick one, actually saw a few people asking for my beer.

Guess I might just head in tomorrow night and go from there.

I'll try to stick around Florian, would be grand to catch up with you, particularly while your beer is on tap. Last time I was there I was starting to sense some wobbly boot by around 7PM, I think then the Ninjas snuk up on me with multiple karate chops to the liver, but I made it back to my digs on the bus, no sweat. :icon_drunk:

Last time I was there I was starting to sense some wobbly boot by around 7PM, I think then the Ninjas snuk up on me with multiple karate chops to the liver, but I made it back to my digs on the bus, no sweat. :icon_drunk:

Last of the Wild Mohicans folks. Respect!! :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

I'll duck in for a taste on Friday night....be there from 6.30ish till 1hr past when I should have left... :icon_chickcheers:

PB

I'll try to stick around Florian, would be grand to catch up with you, particularly while your beer is on tap. Last time I was there I was starting to sense some wobbly boot by around 7PM, I think then the Ninjas snuk up on me with multiple karate chops to the liver, but I made it back to my digs on the bus, no sweat. :icon_drunk:

Sounds good R, I'll head in straight from the airport, so hopefully it should be more 9 than 9:30. Maybe a few others might be able to stick around as well.

Just spoke to the wife, there is a fair chance that she could catch an earlier flight back, meaning I would turn up at Archive way earlier. Fingers crossed...

Nice beer Florian :icon_cheers:
I had to abandon Ralph there unsupervised (damm work next day), hope you catch up with him.

fro all reports from two of the kooinda boys your IPA is a cracker florian, top work.

Thanks Winkle and Fents. Was good to catch up with Ralph and Chankious last night, shame you couldn't stick around, Winkle. Ended up drinking with the Kooinda boys until they almost swept us out of the venue, came home way too late...

Will be back Saturday.

Thanks Winkle and Fents. Was good to catch up with Ralph and Chankious last night, shame you couldn't stick around, Winkle. Ended up drinking with the Kooinda boys until they almost swept us out of the venue, came home way too late...

Will be back Saturday.

He he, (ahem) I showed remarkable will-power stopping at two even though I could hear the Brewdog tap calling to me.
I'm not driving next time :party:

Edit: apparently there's a new bar opened just up the road on Vulture Street called "The End" with craft beer on tap. We could have a craft beer precinct happening in West End (it would make a pub crawl easy :) ).

sipping on fly ipa as i type this. nice work florian, the day my homebrew gets to this standard i'll be a very happy man. Sadly didn't make it in last week to try ben's.

Going out for dinneer at a spanish restuarant called Ortiga tomorrow and have an early booking so will be finished 8ish, havent been to either, are they fairly close?

Had a awesome night Thursday. Was cool to meet Ralph (thanks for the tix and advice) and Florian (Nice one mate :beer:)
The Kooi boys were certainly impressed with FlyPA.....those lads are on a trip.....
Is "The End" Ross`s joint?

Going out for dinneer at a spanish restuarant called Ortiga tomorrow and have an early booking so will be finished 8ish, havent been to either, are they fairly close?
not really, Ortiga is in the valley. Archive is about a 10min cab ride across the river. Totally worth it.

cab or catch the 199 bus to almost right outside the door to Archive :)

Great to catch up with the team on Thursday night. :icon_cheers: I too was home way too late, but was functioning OK this morning, would've been even better if I'd taken a leaf out of Winkle's book! Florian's FlyPA is a cracker too, well worth dropping in for a sample. :icon_drunk:
Hope to catch up with the Kooinda lads again in the Food & Wine Tent at Carnival of Flowers this weekend where I'm told there will be a few of their beers on tap.

Had a awesome night Thursday. Was cool to meet Ralph (thanks for the tix and advice) and Florian (Nice one mate :beer:)
The Kooi boys were certainly impressed with FlyPA.....those lads are on a trip.....
Is "The End" Ross`s joint?

Sorry I missed you Thursday night, I had to install a kegerator up at Petrie & was already running late after beers at Archive & the End Bar.
The End Bar bar isn't mine, we just make 2 of their beers.

cheers Ross

I'm heading up to Archive for lunch now... why not?... only the greatest beer ever to hit the taps will be on.

Blackbeard__s_Delight.jpg

Back