Any interest in a brew club to the north of Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I'll pop round to the shops today to pick up some of those disposable cups, in case anyone else was thinking of that.

I will try and umm borrow some sticky labels from work today so we can write our names (AHB, real or both) on 'em, makes it a bit easier on the night usually.....

EDIT: Oh and I'll bring some of my (somewhat experimental) galaxy dry-hopped weizenbock. I was trying to clone Mountain Goat/Brooklyn's Hopfweizenbock, but I think I left the Galaxy in too long, and I kinda have to close one eye when drinking it. Interestingly I've had a few fellow brewers say they really like it, but it's a bit much for me. Then again I haven't tried one myself in about a month, so who knows how it will have developed...

I might struggle to bring any of my meager post-Xmas supplies if I'm coming straight from work - I'll see how today pans out.
If not, what's the preferred option - bring a few commercials or buy on site? (I've never tried TR, so I'm happy to drink theirs atm).

technobabble66 said:
I might struggle to bring any of my meager post-Xmas supplies if I'm coming straight from work - I'll see how today pans out.
If not, what's the preferred option - bring a few commercials or buy on site? (I've never tried TR, so I'm happy to drink theirs atm).
Don't think you can buy TR beers over the bar as I think they may still have license issues? Having said that you maybe able to purchase a growler and drink that? I to am coming from work so no HB but will get some beer on the way.

Hey fellas.
Sorry to chime in at the 11th hour here, but I think I might have a good name suggestion for your club.

The 'INCAS'.
Inner North Craft Ale Soiciety…..although of course you will be brewing more than just ales, but you get the idea !
The logo could look along the lines of a kind of South American theme.

I have been reading this thread with interest, I don't have a lot of time to join a club, but will surely try to come along to some stuff.

Good luck with it all tonight at Thunder Road !!

Spewing I'll miss this due to work, will be very keen to get to the next one!

Hey guys,

Gutted I can't make it tonight. Really keen for the next meet up. Hope to see everyone next time.

Spiesy said:
Be kind of rude if we didn't buy any of their beers… wouldn't it?
Id be happy to buy beers from them but I'm not sure if they are able to sell to the public yet?

I will pick some beers up from the bottle shop just in case they arn't.

Wolfman said:
Id be happy to buy beers from them but I'm not sure if they are able to sell to the public yet?

I will pick some beers up from the bottle shop just in case they arn't.
Aah, right.

Kevin Hawley said:
Look forward to seeing everyone at the Thunder Road Brewery, Barkly Street, Brunswick, tomorrow at 7pm!
Hey Kev,

You got an actual address?

PS: might be a good idea to put it in the very first post - to save people scrolling through pages to try and find it. I found "Lygon St" end, but does anybody know the street number or anything to help me/us find it?

Cheers.

Farrrk… ******* to get to on P/T. 50mins comprising of walk/tram/walk/bus/tram/walk.

Might have to drive :huh:

130 Barkly Street, Brunswick

I'm driving Caulfield area (going up Nepean hwy). If anybody on my vague way wants a lift, PM me. Probably leaving before 10pm though.

I'm walking from Rushall Station. See folks there!

Just to clarify a couple of points: TR is mot a commercial bar with a liquor licence, so you won't be able to go up and buy rounds or anything. I must admit, I didn't ask about bringing in other commercial brews, but hope it's OK and no, they don't serve food. Normally they close up and go home around six, so we're keeping them up.

Back