Any interest in a brew club to the north of Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carniebrew said:
summary, Merri Mashers shot out to an early lead, and held on solidly from there. At one stage it was 13-6 in favour of Merri Mashers, but the Northern Brewers made a late charge to narrow the gap. In the end it was 15-10-1 (yes, one person couldn't stand either name). In percentage terms we had:

Merri Mashers - 57.69%
Northern Brewers - 38.46%
Hate 'em both - 3.85%

Certainly a close result, although I suppose one way to look at it is that "Merri Mashers" had 50% more votes than "Northern Brewers".

Thanks for all taking the time to vote, and I guess if nobody lodges an objection with the court of disputed returns, hopefully we can move on with getting our own area created in the AHB Brew Club section. If there's a Mod reading this, can you PM me to let me know if you guys can set this up for us please?
I got so excited with the race call, but was then disappointed when my horse lost.

So, the Merri Mashers Homebrew Club is born, (or at the risk of setting off another war, should it be "Merri Mashers Beer club", so we can do the "MM Beer" thing? Could do "MM Homebrew" I guess.)
Thanks again to carnieBrew, and of course everyone who voted. And thanks TT for the sub-forum request!

Think this one is gunna be a little hard to get to so I may have to be a 50% attendance type person !!

Kevin Hawley said:
So, the Merri Mashers Homebrew Club is born, (or at the risk of setting off another war, should it be "Merri Mashers Beer club", so we can do the "MM Beer" thing? Could do "MM Homebrew" I guess.)
Thanks again to carnieBrew, and of course everyone who voted. And thanks TT for the sub-forum request!
Homebrew or Beer Club both sound fine to me. We can have MM Beer either way, if we wanted, as we are the 'Merri Mashers'.

Kevin Hawley said:
Sorry to stir the pot but none of the other Melbourne clubs have a descriptive addition to their names at a quick glance. There may be a sub head on their website in some instances but Melbourne Brewers or Westgate brewers or Worthogs are just that.

Merri Mashers communicates everything required, not sure we need the addition at all, if we did we would have voted for it in the first place.

Just not sure I'm getting the desire to fit the brew club name into the well known term of MMM Beer taken from Homer Simpson.
He who is the archetype for a Megaswill drinking idiot.

Cool! Thanks Tim.

brouhaha, definitely yes.

And with that, I suggest we all pack our bags, move to that new sub-forum, and call an end to this thread.

Thanks and good day.

Latest posts

Back