Any interest in a brew club to the north of Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Work Kevin
Brunswick Bitter growlers are the business!
This is an amazing opportunity

Spiesy said:
what time is Tuesday night?
7pm. If you don't know the brewery, it's at the Lygon St. end of Barkly St. next to the Brotherhood of St Laurence. We'll probably be going through the main gates to the right of the bluestone cottage and in through the green side door of the main brewery building.

This is one hell of a way to kick off a home brew club, I'm a bit amazed the way its turning out. Being able to have in house comp using the pilot brewery is a kick ass idea, might be a little different to my 2v biab system.

Great idea and great work for getting this off the ground Kevin.

Hi all, just read this mammoth of a thread. I'm new to Melbourne and checking out all the clubs as none stand out as a logical, geographical fit. Hope you don't mind if I swing by on Tuesday.

I'm so jealous of you all. I lived in Carlton before I went back to the UK. Always wanted some brewing friends! ;'( I started talking about yeast today and nobody listened to me! :(

Econwatson said:
I'm so jealous of you all. I lived in Carlton before I went back to the UK. Always wanted some brewing friends! ;'( I started talking about yeast today and nobody listened to me! :(
If someone happens to innocently ask me a brewing question, my mates groan, then walk away.
Feel your pain brother :beer:

I went past Thunder Road today, what an awesome place! I wasn't sure if I was allowed in but they waved me through and then I noticed the bar setup in the heart of the brewery. Sampled their wares, chatted to the staff and left a happy chappy. Looks like a fantastic place to use, excited for tomorrow. (To make things easy I'll pop on my coveted Desperate Dan tee :) )

I'll be there but a bit dry in homebrew after xmas and australia day.

Great stuff by Thunder Road for accommodating us!

Anyone driving from down my way??? cheltenham?? work in Clayton..

Well, not absolutely definitely sure what's going to be on offer, so hope I haven't built it up too much. Anyway, we can hopefully have fun sampling our own beers if nothing else. Apologies again for not having anything to bring myself. But ingredients on order for a wee heavy, probably done as a double mash, as my 40L Crown urn won't hold the full grain bill. So should have that on offer for the next meet.
Now, a suggestion: And this is probably not the most diplomatic way to suggest this after saying I can't bring any of my own beer, but what the heck..
Whilst I think we should definitely all be diplomatic about tasting each other's brews, no matter how amazingly good or bad they are, the one thing I know I find unhelpful is when I let my mates try some homebrew, and they all just say, "ah yes, very nice", or occasionally, "Different, isn't it? But still nice". Basically, if my beer is shite, please tell me, Tell me what you think is wrong in a constructive way. I think we should all be able to take whatever well-meant criticism comes our way, and I hope no one gets offended.
Agreed?
Saying that, I fully expect all our beers to be wonderful works of art!

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Thunder Road Brewery, Barkly Street, Brunswick, tomorrow at 7pm!

Won't be there to later. Have a 17:30 meeting in the city. Hope to be there by 19:00. No home brews in hand either. Will pick up a six pack of something on my way.

Wolfman said:
Won't be there to later. Have a 17:30 meeting in the city. Hope to be there by 19:00. No home brews in hand either. Will pick up a six pack of something on my way.
I think it starts at 7pm. No worries.

How much do I bring?

New Guy - I'm bringing along just two or so bottles of different brews. The idea is just to sample one another's brews, so the greater variety the better.

Back