Another S.E.Q. Grain Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praxis178

Reaction score
Ok, so there would seem to be enough takers for another grain bulk buy.

So to kick things off please put your name and grain want(s) below so we can start to build a list and so get a better idea of numbers. <pending Dane's approval and all, that is!>

1.Thomas J: BB Ale, BB Caramalt and splits of Biscuit, W smoked malt and Rye.

So to kick things off please put your name and grain want(s) below so we can start to build a list and so get a better idea of numbers. <pending Dane's approval and all, that is!>

2.Winkle: 1/2 sack of Munich 1, and a bag of so of BB something

3. Florian: 2 sacks of Weyermann Premium Pilsener, happy to take the other 1/2 sack of Munich 1 from Winkle

3. Florian: 2 sacks of Weyermann Premium Pilsener, happy to take the other 1/2 sack of Munich 1 from Winkle
4. Gavo: 3 sacks Details later

Gavo

5. Potof4x: BB Ale, Wheat, Caramalt, Pilsner and half sacks of wey vienna,munich, dark wheat, chocwheat or choc malt

5. Potof4x: BB Ale, Wheat, Caramalt, Pilsner and half sacks of wey vienna,munich, dark wheat, chocwheat or choc malt
6. The Scientist: BB Ale, BB Galaxy.

I realise its probably too early to be deciding a pickup date, but these bulk buys usually start 2-3 weeks before the pick up date. I happen to up that way on Sat Sept 4, and if the pick up date was then I will take 2 sacks, otherwise its not really worth the journey at this stage for 2 sacks. I will add my name to the list at the moment and if anyone thinks that a sept 4 pickup date is not possible, i will happily remove my name, no problems!!

Cheers

7. Matt C - 2 sacks (if Sept 4 pick up)

I realise its probably too early to be deciding a pickup date, but these bulk buys usually start 2-3 weeks before the pick up date. I happen to up that way on Sat Sept 4, and if the pick up date was then I will take 2 sacks, otherwise its not really worth the journey at this stage for 2 sacks. I will add my name to the list at the moment and if anyone thinks that a sept 4 pickup date is not possible, i will happily remove my name, no problems!!

Cheers

Matt etal,

So far (counting splits) we have 20 bags although a few splits are as yet unpaired, but that could just be the long day and the beer catching up with my Excel unskilledness, so the 4th could well be a go.

If we can get some more solid wishes, then next week I might be able to get the costings done, figure the weekend is as good a time to think these things over as any other time so, everyone have think and refine things some if you can.

The unpaired splits are <ATM>: Wey smoked, Wey rye, Ding biscuit, Wey Munich I, Wey Choc Wheat and Wey Vienna but with 6 undefined bags on the list I figure they will find partners by order time.

8. TidalPete: 1\2 sack Weyermann Munich 2 but need someone to collect for me & drop off/arrange for local pickup.
[/quote]

Every little helps. :)

TP

8. TidalPete: 1\2 sack Weyermann Munich 2 but need someone to collect for me & drop off/arrange for local pickup.

Every little helps. :)

TP

Pete, I'm happy to pick up and drop off for you.

Is there still room in this bulk buy? I'd like to get in if so...

Maybe if we can get the 7 half bags to become 2 or 3 whole bags....

The halves as at this morning:
Weyermann: Vienna, Munich I, Munich II, Rye, Smoked, Choc Wheat
Dingemanns: Biscuit

The halves as at this morning:
Weyermann: Vienna, Munich II, Rye, Smoked, Choc Wheat
Dingemanns: Biscuit

Right so that's now 16 full bags and the above splits.

Which still leaves us one bag short if my count is right, I'll post the spread sheet later today when the TV repairman finishes doing where ever it is they do.

All full :-( ???

If not, put me down for a bag of BB Pale Pils.

If we can cull some of the splits then there is still room for one more, but if my count is right, then with the splits (added together, not evened/pair out) plus your bag makes 21.

1.Thomas J: BB Ale, BB Caramalt and splits of Biscuit, W smoked malt and Rye. = 2 full + 3 x .5(unmatched)
2.Winkle: 1/2 sack of Munich 1, and a bag of so of BB something= 1.5
3. Florian: 2 sacks of Weyermann Premium Pilsener, take the other 1/2 sack of Munich 1 from Winkle = 2.5
4. Gavo: 3 sacks Details later= 3
5. Potof4x: BB Ale, Wheat, Caramalt, Pilsner, Choc with Brad, munich 1 with fragdog and 1/2 of wey vienna, dark wheat, = 5 full + 2 x .5 unmatched
6. The Scientist: BB Ale, BB Galaxy. = 2
7. Matt C - 2 sacks (if Sept 4 pick up) = 2
8. TidalPete: 1\2 sack Weyermann Munich 2 but need someone to collect for me & drop off/arrange for local pickup. = .5
[/quote]
9. Fragdog- 1/2 sack munichpotofx4, 1 sack BB ale = 1.5
10 Stillscottish- 1 sack BB Pale Pils= 1
11. Bradsbrew - 1/2 sack Bairds Choc with potofx4 (if he wants bairds choc not choc wheat), 1/2 munich 2 with Pete= 1

Puts it at 22 full sacks and 5 unmatched

Cheers

Latest posts

Back