Anhc 2010 Who's Going

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I understand this thread. Why wouldn't you go? Everyone involved in the homebrewing scene that can go should go. Anyone who went in 2008 can testify that it was a great event.

and if your stuck for accommadation..always check wotif/last minute

Be careful though, right in the middle of spring racing carnival in Melbourne and most weekend accommodation is either booked or charging double the normal price

Ok, just booked my tickets. w00t!

An FYI for people still procrastinating on purchasing tickets. The "Early Bird" deal ends tonight at 10:00pm.

Buy now and save yourself 10%!!!
Just sneaked my ticket in after seeing this post. :icon_cheers:

The room is full. But as I said earlier, we can upgrade (????) to a larger room if anyone else wants in. What for, ffffaaarrrkkkkeeeedd if I know. Just don't hang back and what until the last minute !

1. Fatgodzilla
2. Bulp
3. Jayse
4. Chappo
5. Paulwolf
6. Jonny Anchovy

Bring it on !

BUMP

Now, is everyone still coming ? The room is booked for Thursday - Saturday nights inclusive. I have a reserve if someone pulls out or has changed their accomodation plans, but would need to know very soon.

I have several alternative travel plans also that may now see me not in Melbourne on the Wednesday night. I also can take down a number of kegs from Sydney if anyone is flying down but wants to take a keg to Club Night. And there is room in the car if anyone wants to drive down to Melbourne with me (several alternative options available).

So, get back to me men.

What day are you driving down FGZ?

I think our accommodation is booked for Wednesday night in Melbourne. So either a drive down the coast on Tuesday, stopping somewhere halfway, or a full day zooming down Wednesday are our two options.

What day are you driving down FGZ?

I think our accommodation is booked for Wednesday night in Melbourne. So either a drive down the coast on Tuesday, stopping somewhere halfway, or a full day zooming down Wednesday are our two options.

In Wollongong the weekend prior. Sadly,the house sold now so Tuross Head no longer a destination. I'm still a little undecided just yet seeing what travel plans the Canberra boys come up with or whether I take a drinking trip south - looking at possibly drinking at The Rook's new bar if it can be arranged amongst other options. Beechworth and Healeville (White Rabbit etc) also a possible overnight option. All will be a bit clearer by the end of this week.

If driving down the coast anyway, use 80klm per hour as your average distance. It's a slow trip and you'll rarely hit the 100klm an hour mark for any length of time after Kiama until you hit the Gippsland expressways. The Hume will always be a quicker if not more boring route.

White Rabbit appears to be open on weekends only. Hargreaves at Yarra Glen is fairly nearby.

In Healesville try on tap at Innocent Bystander / Giant Steps, 336 Maroondah Hwy, Healesville(WHITE RABBIT)

If driving down the coast anyway, use 80klm per hour as your average distance. It's a slow trip and you'll rarely hit the 100klm an hour mark for any length of time after Kiama until you hit the Gippsland expressways. The Hume will always be a quicker if not more boring route.

Good advice. I was born in Bega and spent a lot of time in Eden as a kid. Was hoping to get some fish and chips at the wharf on the way down.

Good advice. I was born in Bega and spent a lot of time in Eden as a kid. Was hoping to get some fish and chips at the wharf on the way down.

Still there last time I heard. Eden is a great place to visit - just a long drive to get there!

So I gather last Sunday you thought you were watching Eden v Bega in the grand final and not those Sydney pretenders. Same result, the men in a white jumper, red V beat the Roosters in Group 16 too! An omen !

Hi guys,

Looking forward to catching up next week, can't wait! Hewy and I are driving down on Thursday with the WSB kegs should arrive around 5-6pm ready to roll.

Also, I have a mate who has only just confirmed he is able to come down. Does anyone have a spare bed at Nomads (or elsewhere) as accommodation is getting hard to find that weekend?

Paddo

Hi guys,

Looking forward to catching up next week, can't wait! Hewy and I are driving down on Thursday with the WSB kegs should arrive around 5-6pm ready to roll.

Also, I have a mate who has only just confirmed he is able to come down. Does anyone have a spare bed at Nomads (or elsewhere) as accommodation is getting hard to find that weekend?

Paddo

We have a couch in our apartment on South Bank I think. Could possibly be a sofa-bed.

Yeah! Late Entry by the skin of his teeth!

The Hopping Mad is in!

Missed 2008, and was going to only be doing Club Night (as I'm bringing a keg to that).
To my shock I won VicBrew and now have a free ticket as part of the prize. Totally stoked!

Now I have to find my way around asking the boss-man for some leave.

Either that or I might have to start feeling (cough) very sick (cough-cough) and miraculously disappear from my employment during ANHC ;)

Totally looking forward to sharing some brews with you all next week and getting totally amped up about gaining some insights on improving my beer.
Should be great - and good to see a great representation of speakers from right around Australia as well as O/S.

Cheers gang!

Hopper.

P.S: yep I'm a tad excited. sorry :) :)

Now I have to find my way around asking the boss-man for some leave.

Either that or I might have to start feeling (cough) very sick (cough-cough) and miraculously disappear from my employment during ANHC ;)

Im sure telling them you won tickets to an 'expensive, once off event' that you simply cannot miss for leave on a friday shouldnt be too hard at all. :icon_chickcheers:

Really? Mine made sure I was going, told me to stay in the city, don't worry about a thing, and enjoy... Now I'm concerned :unsure:

wait.. now im also worried.

Wait, im not married. *Phew!* :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back