• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the Aldi BBQ will do the job, but for mine you can't go past a BeefEater. Haven't yet found anything else that'll get enough heat into it to seal a steak the same way.

The rotisserie would also come in handy if you ever decide to have a go at malting, though you'd also need the smoker and an empty commercial size milo tin. :blink:

.Jake. said:
I'm sure the Aldi BBQ will do the job, but for mine you can't go past a BeefEater. Haven't yet found anything else that'll get enough heat into it to seal a steak the same way.
my weber kettle says hello

malt junkie said:
The rotisserie would also come in handy if you ever decide to have a go at malting, though you'd also need the smoker and an empty commercial size milo tin. :blink:
You could always use a old top-loader like the crazy Italian genius on HBT did...

.Jake. said:
You must be cooking with gas. Try charcoal in a kamado. You'll easily get it to 350C, if you want instant searing. Cooks pizza in one or two minutes, depending on thickness.

lost at sea said:
my weber kettle says hello
Hello, weber kettle. What's new?

peteru said:
You must be cooking with gas. Try charcoal in a kamado. You'll easily get it to 350C, if you want instant searing. Cooks pizza in one or two minutes, depending on thickness.
Indeed, I am cooking with gas. The benefit of the BeefEater is that once the lid's open and the residual heat in the grill is taken down a notch by the steak, there's plenty of heat coming off the high output gas burners at 16mj - so the grill's nice and hot for the other side too. Not sure how that compares to a good coal BBQ but more than happy to go on a learning adventure.

My Aldi Kuchef blender $99 with a 5 year warranty that i purchased less then 2 years ago one of the blades disintegrated put a holes in two sides of the jug they had a recall for ones sold 2014 anyone else have a problem with the new improved blades. The small dome nut that holds the blades on was loose after it broke and second blade came off unscrewing the nut with fingers could that also be a problem hard to see lasting 5 years.

n87 said:

Inconceivable said:
sweet I've been looking for something to rescue my back lugging FVs 15m from backyard to garage. thanks for this
Any ideas on the dimensions of the two? Would a 7gal Chronical be able to stand on either one of them?

EDIT: Clicked the actual link and dimensions are there lol.. sorry I was only looking at the catalogue I got in the mail.

Rectangular
  • MDF plate 575 x 290 x18mm
  • Weight: 3.3kg
Round
  • MDF plate 380 x 18mm
  • Weight: 2.5kg

This Saturday 4th Feb, up on the aldi website now but I'm on phone and linking is THB. $59.99 for sealer and $13.99 for rolls or bags

On paper the Aldi version appears superior. No idea IRL.

i bought one the last time they were on sale and am very happy with it. My wife actually pointed the sale out to me as a reminder to get more rolls of plastic.

Have put quite a few cuts of meat into the Grainfather to sous vide them without any hassle at all.

Latest posts

Back