• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peteru said:
Which one of those is unscented?

About 6 years ago, they used to have only unscented Disan, which we used for nappies all the time. Last time I went to Aldi, they stocked two kinds - neither of them the same as the old product.
The light blue one. They used to sell it in the small packs but stopped a couple years back.

Vacuum sealer, bags and sous vide cooker back on special next Wednesday.

I'd also recommend for brewhouse and kitchen use the Tandil 3L pump pack dishwashing liquid, easily as good as Morning Fresh, and the huge roll of kitchen paper towel.

Also the oxy soaker, avoid the purple one - it's loaded with eucalyptus - but the white one I'm not sure, I'd guess it may well be fragrance free as it's "sensitive".

Bribie G said:
Also the oxy soaker, avoid the purple one - it's loaded with eucalyptus - but the white one I'm not sure, I'd guess it may well be fragrance free as it's "sensitive".
The white one I am currently using, it's the duck's nuts. Fragrance free. They also have the bulk garbage bag packs too. And thanks for the heads up[, I missed the 3L Tandil there.

Frothy1 said:
Has anyone used this food sealer from Aldi?

Is it worth the coin?
comes up regularly and gets good reviews on the forum.
I'm thinking of getting one along with the sous vide cooker so it can obviously be used for hop storage as well.

Moad said:
6L pressure cooker at Aldi next week as well
How do they go quality wise? That's pretty cheap compared to others on the market just makes me wonder why?

Spose it's not big enough to fit 1L or 2L Erlenmeyer flasks but definitely useful for cooking!

I have a previous model Aldi pressure cooker that's coming up 4 years old and it's excellent. Their kitchen gear is generally good.

I got a $79 kmart or bigw job and it works fine, can't imagine aldi product would be any worse.

Any dramas you have the Australian consumrr guarantee anyway.

alcoadam said:
I think I've tried all of them but have been buying the "Hickory and Brown Sugar" for near 10 years. Used as a marinade/sauce for pork ribs. Done right - the ducks nuts. You wont find this sauce any cheaper.
Well, I bought a bottle of the Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce last week. There were only two bottle's of that variety left when I got there mid-morning. So it must have a reputation, and so it should. Very nice stuff! I've already used half a bottle on work lunch sandwiches all week and on steak and sausage dinners(think I may have developed an addition).

Was down at Aldi again this morning an lo and behold they had just dumped a load of bottles up the front of the store, and most of them were Hickory and Brown sugar. So bingo, scored half a dozen more.

Feldon said:
Well, I bought a bottle of the Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce last week. There were only two bottle's of that variety left when I got there mid-morning. So it must have a reputation, and so it should. Very nice stuff! I've already used half a bottle on work lunch sandwiches all week and on steak and sausage dinners(think I may have developed an addition).

Was down at Aldi again this morning an lo and behold they had just dumped a load of bottles up the front of the store, and most of them were Hickory and Brown sugar. So bingo, scored half a dozen more.
I originally paid around $12 a bottle when I first discovered it. Didn't think it was worth that sort of money when I tried it. But after marinating/basting with it, the sugar caramelises up quite nice. I noticed even woollies seems to be stocking it now, not as cheap though.

Add just a pinch of bourbon to it and you have a pretty good bourbon/bbq sauce as well. :icon_cheers:

How much grain would that 2100w induction plate cook for a decoction? 5kg? 10kg? Ill have to see if my 19lt Big W pot is magnetic. It will probably only about 5kg any way.

nosco said:
How much grain would that 2100w induction plate cook for a decoction? 5kg? 10kg? Ill have to see if my 19lt Big W pot is magnetic. It will probably only about 5kg any way.
Did you get a 2100w induction could not get one in Brisbane must be popular the weight of the pot and water may be a problem on the cook top if the pot could be supported and the cook top placed under in contact that may work.

Havnt looked yet. Im going after work so hopefully they havnt sold out. Ill get some cling wrap and foil too.
Edit: my 19lt big w stock pot is magnetic too. It should be plenty big enough for 1/3 of the grain for a decoction.

I used to BIAB on a similar portable 2100W induction plate using the 19L Big W pot. No probs with it.

The Aldi pressure cooker is suitable for induction they may have sold out the portable 2100W induction but could depend on where you are and they said may have more coming.

first time aldi shopper today, sent on a mission to buy several thousand baby arse wipes, and stumbled across this potential biab grain bag holder thingo for draining the grain ect after hoisting away. ive been searching for somthing like this for bloody ages.

Turns out its a perfect fit for the top of a crown urn, yet to be given a test flight but looks like it will work perfectly.

cant remember the price, around a tenner. yay aldi it seems.

yes i know my work bench is purple.... :ph34r:

image.jpeg

image1.JPG

lost at sea said:
first time aldi shopper today, sent on a mission to buy several thousand baby arse wipes, and stumbled across this potential biab grain bag holder thingo for draining the grain ect after hoisting away. ive been searching for somthing like this for bloody ages.

Turns out its a perfect fit for the top of a crown urn, yet to be given a test flight but looks like it will work perfectly.

cant remember the price, around a tenner. yay aldi it seems.
also will hold about 1.5kg of grain for smoking in the aldi smoker.

Latest posts

Back