• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Drill powered 'water' pump at ALDI for $16.99. Forgot to get the picture, but looks like a good little pump for the price - especially for a HERMS that needs to be transportable, or recirculating BIAB.
doubt its food grade or temp rated

Mardoo said:
Coming up Saturday 11 June, from the print catalogue. Could be handy for running ice water through a chiller:

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464955299.152743.jpg
Don't see why fresh water wouldn't be food grade.
All depends that the desired use is.

It's probably food grade at room temperatures. However, the catalogue mentions "light liquids", which makes me think that trying to pump higher viscosity wort at boiling temperatures might result in disappointment. Maybe it would work out as a recirculation pump, if you have a suitable filter on the intake. I'm sure that at under $20, someone will get one and give it whirl. Maybe they can report back on how well it worked.

I heard the Vacuum sealer bags are back on the shelves soon. Sorry I can't be more specific but the wife already chucked out the catalogue, which means there's probably some beer specials as well.

In SA we're new to Aldi, can anyone tell me if Barkeepers friend is a usual line or a special buy for them?

cheers

The eBay bags look like they have diagonal channelling rather than the alternating horizontal and vertical lines that Aldi bags have? How does it compare? Better, worse, same?

If they have Barkeepers Friend, grab it now. It's not a regular line.

Aldi Specials either pop up only once, for example unicycles or traffic cones, or in the case of more popular items such as chest freezers, stockpots, ski gear, will come round once or twice a year depending on the season (winter stockpots, summer beach towels and chest freezers, Xmas kids' toys, January back to school items etc etc).

anyone know where to get narrower vac sealer rolls? about 15cm would be perfect

peteru said:
The eBay bags look like they have diagonal channelling rather than the alternating horizontal and vertical lines that Aldi bags have? How does it compare? Better, worse, same?
No difference at all. Just as good.

Induction Cooking Plate $49.99

induction.jpg

On sale Wed. 29 June

■ 2100W
■ Glass panel
■ 8 heat settings
■ Adjustable timer
■ 5 preset cooking functions
■ Touch controls
■ Overheat protection
■ LED display
■ Non-slip feet
■ Suitable for pots up to 26cm diameter
■ Cooking pot recognition

madpierre06 said:
The 3kg packs of non-scented laundry soaker, this stuff does a good job. left some soaking in a stained FWK cube for a week or so, came up shiny as new.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-29-june/wednesday-detail-wk26/ps/p/laundry-soaker-3kg/
Which one of those is unscented?

About 6 years ago, they used to have only unscented Disan, which we used for nappies all the time. Last time I went to Aldi, they stocked two kinds - neither of them the same as the old product.

Back