• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
In stock at the moment, in the special items aisles, seems to appear only once a year.

Around $3.60 a kilo that's half the price of Bunnings or Chemists.

attachicon.gif
epsom salts box.jpg

Lasts ages as part of the Magnesium Sulphate / Calcium Sulphate Burtonising mix.

ed: I always use a good dose in any Aussie style brew especially Coopers clones.

Also very good for gardening, for lawns and green veg growing.

And soaking feet after a hard, hot day of brewing :beerbang:
Try produce store that deals with race horses. Do a Google search Epsom Salts BP Grade 25kg

Epsom Salts BP Grade 25kg $44.99
Calcium Carbonate 25kg $20.99
Bi Carb 25kg $41.99

SBOB said:
can we rename the thread to "Aldi Specials and General Items".

That way those posts, which are related to aldi items which might not be specifically 'Special' items, and are adding useful conversation to this forum can remain
When the slightest straying from a topics 'title' is grounds for posts being deleted, its not very conducive to discussion and the other useful information which may arise from that
I couldn't agree more.... ridiculous that the slightest deviation is prompting moderation.

Blind Dog said:
The home models of whatever brand all have issues so need patience and a fair input of time to produce decent models, plus an ability to design models in 3D int he 1st place, unless you're happy to be reliant on other people's published models.

I can convert sketches into 3D models for beer..... :chug:

Bribie G said:
In stock at the moment, in the special items aisles, seems to appear only once a year.

Around $3.60 a kilo that's half the price of Bunnings or Chemists.

attachicon.gif
epsom salts box.jpg

Lasts ages as part of the Magnesium Sulphate / Calcium Sulphate Burtonising mix.

ed: I always use a good dose in any Aussie style brew especially Coopers clones.

Also very good for gardening, for lawns and green veg growing.

And soaking feet after a hard, hot day of brewing :beerbang:
For dropping PH, correct?
Our PH here in Muswellbrook is around 7-7.5, i need to find a way to drop my PH

The water treatment programs such as EZwater are a good starting point.

Also re large sacks of Epsom Salts, great for gardening but I'd guess a sack would keep a major commercial brewery going for many batches :D

The kilo box lasts forever, but is a good size for HB as opposed to paying up to $20 a kilo in small amounts from home brew suppliers.

Only problem with using EZwater or Martin Brungard's spreadsheet is that my council has given me some average mineral levels, but left out the sodium content and didn't tell me if it's mg/L or PPM
And after repeated emails back to them they just won't respond

Bribie G said:

Also re large sacks of Epsom Salts, great for gardening but I'd guess a sack would keep a major commercial brewery going for many batches :D

The kilo box lasts forever, but is a good size for HB as opposed to paying up to $20 a kilo in small amounts from home brew suppliers.
Could have a good bath and then pump out into lawn or garden.

Is that really necessary? A little decorum please. This isnt a NQR thread.

CmdrRyekr said:
BARLS! BARLS? WE NEED YOUR EXPERT OFF-TOPIC CLEAN UP SKILLS HERE!
MODERATION:

User was warned "Rule Violation: Disrespectful Attitude or Language Towards Staff" on the 14-February 16. This repeat offense has resulted in the user being given a 30day posting ban, with any continuation resulting in a permanent ban.

Should you wish to discuss any moderation, please message the moderator or any admin member.

Please let's get back onto topic, and keep this a decent place for all users.

kjg said:
I never did find a tin of Bar Keepers Friend.
still look, every time i visit Aldi.
Where do you live kjg? I am in sydney and have bought it at Victoria's Basement (nope, that other one is Victoria's Secret) at Castle Hill. I think it was maybe $5-7 for a big cardboard container like the old Ajax container.

wonderful stuff for my keggle. Shiny clean after brew day.

In Melbourne you can get Barkeepers Friend at the London and American Supply Store on Elizabeth St.

Bribie G said:

Where I work Epsom salts $16 per 25 kilo bag

Latest posts

Back